Sometimes I just despair....

Made some other form of traditional fishing tackle.
The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Re: Sometimes I just despair....

Post by The Tuesday Swim »

On the up side Jim, if it was the auction I'm thinking it was you did pick up a corking mark IV or two? One a minter the other a one off!

The VFC
Brown Trout

Post by The VFC »

You're right Nick - there's always an upside (though being an Arsenal supporter living in Norwich its hard to find it this week!)

Haydn Clarke

Post by Haydn Clarke »

Could be worse, Jim. You could be a gooner living in Gelsenkirchen.

Sorry mate. :beg:

Plot36
Roach

Post by Plot36 »

The VFC wrote:You're right Nick - there's always an upside (though being an Arsenal supporter living in Norwich its hard to find it this week!)
You're an Arsenal supporter? I've bought a rod from an Arsenal supporter? :shocked: :cry: :brickwall:

(don't suppose you have any 550s about to come up for sale do you? :oops: :) )

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I would have no hesitation in sueing the Post Office through the Small Claims Court if one of its loss adjusters tried the 'only what you paid for it' line with me.

It's a fairly simple process with lots of guidance there to help you.

I've beaten insurance companies before. They send a solicitor to the Court to make sure you have actually turned up on the date of the hearing and they offer you a price there and then, because they know it'll cost them more if you actually go into the Court room.

It's all just a scam, like ALL insurance, to see if you can be bothered.

I can!

These loss adjuster low-lifes are partly-paid on what they save...that is to say that they get some of the money that they stopped you getting!

Hanging's too good for them :twisted:

The VFC
Brown Trout

Post by The VFC »

To be honest I just don't have the energy to take the RM to court - though I was taken aback by the "you can only claim what it cost you" approach. Its there in black and white in Section 8 of their P58 claim form so the loss adjuster is only going by that I guess. My real problem is proving that I paid anything for it! - and thereby getting even the minimum (£45 + postage if uninsured): most people selling their old bits and pieces understandably want cash but I'm going to get them to sign some sort of receipt from now on - just a handwritten carbon copy type affair but at least it'll give me something to begin with.

You live and learn I suppose.
Jim

The VFC
Brown Trout

Post by The VFC »

Haydn Clarke wrote:Could be worse, Jim. You could be a gooner living in Gelsenkirchen.

Sorry mate. :beg:
Mmmmm! I was trying not to think about that...

Return to “Making Other Items of Traditional Fishing Tackle”