Landing net again

Made some other form of traditional fishing tackle.
MGs
Pike

Re: Landing net again

Post by MGs »

All up together. Not perfect but certainly usable and more durable than its predecessor. Apologies for the picture quality

The spreader is the same one as I used at the beginning of this thread. Hopefully, I should be able to give it a test run on Saturday
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Very nice piece of work there. Hope the blood sweat and lack of finger prints are rewarded.

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

I hadn't realised that this had been hanging around for so long. I'm pretty happy with the large bent bamboo and the steam bent pan nets I've made. I've never really been happy with this triangular one. The issue has always been finding a solution to the spreader problem which would give the proportions I wanted but would be simple to make with hand tools. The net as it stood in 2013 had 32 inch arms but the open end was narrower at about 26 inches and it never looked right.
I think I've cracked it. After a lot of cutting filing and drilling, I've made a new oak spreader which fits neatly and gives an equilateral triangle. I just need to catch some fish big enough to fill it.

Edit: with better pictures
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Return to “Making Other Items of Traditional Fishing Tackle”