Vintage Tackle, Traditional Shopping Values.

Do you know of a good traditional fishing tackle shop, past and present.
WoodBurnerMatt
Rudd

Vintage Tackle, Traditional Shopping Values.

Post by WoodBurnerMatt »

Good Morning All,

I want to shamelessly promote two Traditional Tackle (online) retailers who I have purchaced from recently. Whilst I have used both Jim's Vintage Fishing Company and Steve's Traditional Angling before, the quality of service and integrity displayed is superb from both, and impresses me constantly. We are perhaps fortunate that the gear we love seems to have little interest to the "big boys", perhaps the numbers do not add up for them, and so thankfully our little world is blessed with true "Gentlemen retailers" like Jim and Steve, and for me this makes shopping with them such an old fashioned pleasure. Vintage and Traditional in every sense of the word.
Thank you Gentlemen and please support them.

Kind Regards
Woodburnermatt

Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: Vintage Tackle, Traditional Shopping Values.

Post by Mark »

No shame in promoting these chaps, I have dealt with both of them myself and the service is second to none.

Links to their sites can be found here.

faq.php?mode=links#f0r2
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

TraditionalAngling
Brown Trout

Post by TraditionalAngling »

WoodBurnerMatt wrote:Good Morning All,

I want to shamelessly promote two Traditional Tackle (online) retailers who I have purchaced from recently. Whilst I have used both Jim's Vintage Fishing Company and Steve's Traditional Angling before, the quality of service and integrity displayed is superb from both, and impresses me constantly. We are perhaps fortunate that the gear we love seems to have little interest to the "big boys", perhaps the numbers do not add up for them, and so thankfully our little world is blessed with true "Gentlemen retailers" like Jim and Steve, and for me this makes shopping with them such an old fashioned pleasure. Vintage and Traditional in every sense of the word.
Thank you Gentlemen and please support them.

Kind Regards
Woodburnermatt
How can I follow that: Thank you Matt long may it last- enjoy.

Regards
Steve Middleton

www.traditionalangling.co.uk

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

I echo your sentiments and experience WMB, Sir. :Hat:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

TemeLAD
Crucian Carp

Post by TemeLAD »

Nicely said Woodburnermatt :Hat:
"I can't wait to buy a bamboo pole and a filament of line and a tube of breadcrumbs. I want to participate in this practice which allows a man to be alone with himself in dignity and peace. It seems a very precious thing to me".

John Steinbeck

The VFC
Brown Trout

Post by The VFC »

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thank you so much for your kind comments Matt/all - I'm sure that Steve would join me in saying that it is having such a wonderful bunch of customers that makes the ups and downs (and there are many of the latter!) of vintage tackle dealing worthwhile.

ATB
Jim

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

I'd echo the above sentiments and I'll add that from personal experience that these gentleman can be trusted.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Yes, there's no doubt we're lucky that they both trade in our chosen pastime. Businessmen they might be, but they clearly have business ethics from another era when taking advantage simply wasn't done.

In the long run, I'd hope this was a sound business logic as they will both hopefuly still be trading in the future, when other, less scrupulous, traders are long gone, undone by their own greed and deception.

Anyone wanna soapbox?...only lightly used..... :Hat:

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

I'll take your soapbox for a few seconds Nobby, just to reiterate what you and others have said. We are fortunate indeed!

You can have it back now :Happy:

Richard C
Brown Trout

Post by Richard C »

Hold on Garry just before you do.. I would like to echo the praise and worthy accolade. Gentlemen both, I tip my hat. :Hat:
"We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.".
T. S Eliot
http://richard-cleaver.blogspot.co.uk/

Return to “Traditional Fishing Tackle Shops, Past and Present”