Goldsworth Angling

Do you know of a good traditional fishing tackle shop, past and present.
Paul D

Goldsworth Angling

Post by Paul D »

Sad news for Surrey anglers after a good few years trading Goldsworthy Angling are closing, rising rents and the growth of on line shopping are too blame apparently. :Hat:

Nobby
Wild Carp

Re: Goldsworth Angling

Post by Nobby »

That is sad...until Marsh Farm opened a shop I had no course other than to travel to Woking..a 40 mile round trip almost, but I always enjoyed the visit.
Are they still there? I may pop over just to thank them and to wish them luck!

Guildford Tackle is closing too.......

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

They were still there Friday Nobby, yes it is a pity, nice pair of lads, my nearest will now be Apollo angling in Byfleet (run by the most miserable bloke I have ever met) or Marsh farm.

Bjp
Chub

Post by Bjp »

crap that's bad news, the only shop i have walked into with a long list and they actually had it all and 2.5 miles from home.
such a shame i was the owners postie for a while lovely fella and the guys in the shop were always cheerfull and helpfull will be sorely missed

regards

bjp :Hat:

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

Yes agreed Bernie/Bobby/Paul sad times, spent many happy hours bantering away with the two Petes. :Thumbsdown:: I suspect they just can't compete with internet and cannot survive on flogging maggots alone. Just Apollo left now !
Best Fishes
Mushy

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Paul D wrote:They were still there Friday Nobby, yes it is a pity, nice pair of lads, my nearest will now be Apollo angling in Byfleet (run by the most miserable bloke I have ever met) or Marsh farm.

Ha ha, he doesn't smile much does he? Not sure he's really cut out for the' front of house' stuff. I thought he would retire once he'd sold it to Apollo...he certainly isn't enjoying himself.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

With many tackle shops shutting up shop I would of thought maybe to open an online shop. With no rent to pay then prices could be lowered.....that's what the rest are doing no?
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Bjp
Chub

Post by Bjp »

Mushy mentioned maggots and there is the problem, if all the tackle shops close how you going to get a pint or two for a days fishing, all very well buying your tackle on internet cause it's cheaper but it has a downside as well when it comes to bait.

regards

bjp :Hat:

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Also another down side is unless you know exactly what you are buying then it could be a gamble ie how big are size 8 swivels....do you want that size or could you have done with a smaller size etc.......
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Not keen on online shopping for tackle, I like to browse and I always end up buying something else. :Hat:

Return to “Traditional Fishing Tackle Shops, Past and Present”