Goldsworth Angling

Do you know of a good traditional fishing tackle shop, past and present.
Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Goldsworth Angling

Post by Olly »

Maggots will always be the shops best item - hard to get without a shop & a box! Although I have found there is mail order on maggots & worms!
Only those that support/sponsor match teams will be left soon. Yateley Angling does maggots as does the little shop in Camberley and Tackle Up in Fleet - unless they have all gone?

You think it is bad here! Got to go to a French supermarket to buy for maggots/worms/pinkies at a horrendous cost or find a good tackle shop. Each one about 100km away from the next one! Mind you I bought 6 pints and they didn't turn in 3+ weeks

Surrey Martin
Roach

Post by Surrey Martin »

Guys. It really is tragic that Surrey tacke shops are all closing down. Where will we buy those bits and pieces and all that stuff that we buy and never use. Great guys in golds worth but also Guildford angling gone ! Apollo is in btfleet but went in recently and was not impressed especially to hear the guy behind counter asking customers how to load a reel , ! . Still it's the only one now unless I go to ring wood on way to Avon. What ever happened to alchornes of godaling eh ! Martin

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Quite agree Martin, Apollo in Byfleet is a funny place, been in sometimes to be "greeted" by the most miserable old sod I've ever met ( tall thin guy dressed head to toe in Preston innovation) other times there are a couple of other elderly chaps that just want to talk and talk and talk.
There is a little pet shop in Knaphill that have a back room dedicated to tackle, bait etc and there open Sundays! :Hat:

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

It's a bit of a trip for you, Martin, but Apollo have a far bigger shop at Marsh Farm, the Godalming Angling Society fishery in Milford..just a 7 miles down the A3. It's in Station Road, just 50 yards east of the railway station.

It's a huge premises and whilst they couldn't stock everything, they sure do try hard. In all honesty I should point out that I used to work there, but I currently have no connection to the shop or the Club.

I'll reply in length to your kind PM tomorrow.

Return to “Traditional Fishing Tackle Shops, Past and Present”