Tackle Exchange Lincolnshire

Do you know of a good traditional fishing tackle shop, past and present.
Willsmodger
Rudd

Tackle Exchange Lincolnshire

Post by Willsmodger »

Anybody know if there is some problem with the above website?
The menu has always been a bit quirky but now the reels category now only shows the new product.
Using the on-site search facility for centrepin gives 1 result.
Using centrepin tackle exchange as a Google search gives a 404 oops.
What's going on ?

Beresford
Sea Trout

Re: Tackle Exchange Lincolnshire

Post by Beresford »

I'm not sure. A while ago I had a marketing email from them offering 50% off all vintage tackle in a three day sale. I promptly bought a rod listed at £395. All went through fine with a £197.50 discount and an email invoice confirming this. However, a day or two later I got an email explaining the item was no longer available. I suggested they might want to remove it from the website if it had been sold.

I do wonder if they sold off all the vintage stock as a job lot. To be honest I don't know how much of it they were shifting. My impression was, not a lot.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

2 Hardy rods left.

NiceRoach
Eel

Post by NiceRoach »

I've used The Tackle Exchange a lot recently and the website is very hit and miss, they do answer the phone unlike others.

The low prices and frequency of emails suggest they shift a lot of tackle and anything i've ordered mainly new stuff for family Xmas presents arrives in two days from clicking on the order now page.
niceroach

Willsmodger
Rudd

Post by Willsmodger »

Thank you for the replies.
I suspect it's correct that the vintage stuff went mostly unsold. The same reels were always on sale every time I had a look, and I've been checking it out from pretty much the start.
Shame. A discounted Adcock Stanton would have been very much on my wish list.
Either it's a quirk in a badly designed website or some other reason, but the new stuff doesn't completely show the discounted price either.
I hope it gets sorted and wish them all the best.
I believe it is run by the guy who started Dragon Carp before it was taken over, which itself seems to be moving away from the two reels for a tenner business. Last time I checked it out, the prices were up there with the rest of the online merchants.
Thanks again,much appreciated.
Will.

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

Yes, its Roger Surgay that runs it - no doubt collected all the older stuff whilst he was running the shop in "Used Tackle" shop Hucknall, up to his takeover by Sports Direct.

StefanDuma
Grayling

Post by StefanDuma »

Closing down at the end of the year, had an email today.

I did buy a couple of glass rods and they were cheap and good quality for what I wanted them for.

TraditionalAngling
Brown Trout

Post by TraditionalAngling »

Email Today From Roger Surgay

Closing Down Sale - it starts today!
Well, it's been a blast but The Tackle Exchange is closing down. After nearly two years of delivering the best deals in angling, the boss, Roger Surgay, has decided to call it a day. Why? Because he wants to spend more time fishing! What that means is that all our stock must be cleared before we shut the doors on December 31st, 2018. So, starting today, we're smashing our prices even further to give you the chance to bag up on tackle bargains!
Get stuck in....

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

The Trent Trotter and the Stalker rods are now reduced to just £15. Crazy prices and in my opinion well worth a punt. My wife is chuffed with her Avon, so I am sorely tempted to spoil her, again! :Chuckle:
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

TraditionalAngling
Brown Trout

Post by TraditionalAngling »

Bob
Why buy a cheap copy when you can buy an original Bruce & Walker Trotter that will hold the price and its not a true copy with wrong rings and tapers.Cheap will always be cheap Quality sells

Return to “Traditional Fishing Tackle Shops, Past and Present”