Traditional Angling Shops Castle Donnington & Burton

Do you know of a good traditional fishing tackle shop, past and present.
TraditionalAngling
Brown Trout

Traditional Angling Shops Castle Donnington & Burton

Post by TraditionalAngling »

For Forum members who did not visit both the shops.I have manage to find some photographs of Castle Donnington The Old Stables and Burton on Trent. Image

That I hope that you find them of interest c late 1990s to 2000 Thats what a real tackle shops should look like

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Re: Traditional Angling Shops Castle Donnington & Burton

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Bloody marvelous, boy would I like to have a browse around those now!!!
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Post by The Tuesday Swim »

Hmm, my bank manager (if i had one) wouldn't of liked that place, quite right bloody marvellous.

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

Oh yes, wonderful…
The Split Cane Splinter Group

TraditionalAngling
Brown Trout

Thank goodness I did not need a Bank Manager as I manage to self finance.And I had very low overheads I could not do it again today.Happy where are am now at home and more time for fishing when I can get to the River Trent.Can see it from the bedroom window but still to high and not safe.

VernonBenables

Post by VernonBenables »

Mrs B reckons our spare room looks just like that.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

I remember walking around your Castle Donington shop on more than one occasion Steve. I have found a few old bits and pieces of paper…

The front cover of your 1999 brochure:

The rear cover:

An updated stock list:

Some Richard Walker tackle for sale:

And a receipt listing my Kelly Kettle, Wicker Creel and something else I can quite read. I am still using the kettle and sitting on my creel. I also have a TAP float tube and reel cases.

Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

TraditionalAngling
Brown Trout

Great Mark Nice to see the items you brought are still being used today.Like all the other traditional tackle that's around today.Looking at the receipt I think the last item was the p/c .It seems like yesterday.

The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Post by The Tuesday Swim »

traditionalangling wrote:Thank goodness I did not need a Bank Manager as I manage to self finance.And I had very low overheads I could not do it again today.Happy where are am now at home and more time for fishing when I can get to the River Trent.Can see it from the bedroom window but still to high and not safe.
Steve, I'm thinking about the Trent this weekend, I'm popping into Fosters of Birmingham (the opposite side to your old shop) for some advice this weekend, I'm a suvenner so I'm not familiar with the area, any pointers to stretches of river and more importantly whether it is fishable, still high?

I'm not really interested in a still water day ticket, my ten year old fishing apprentice fancies his first barbel or at least a chub. Help!

TraditionalAngling
Brown Trout

Tadpole wrote:
traditionalangling wrote:Thank goodness I did not need a Bank Manager as I manage to self finance.And I had very low overheads I could not do it again today.Happy where are am now at home and more time for fishing when I can get to the River Trent.Can see it from the bedroom window but still to high and not safe.
Steve, I'm thinking about the Trent this weekend, I'm popping into Fosters of Birmingham (the opposite side to your old shop) for some advice this weekend, I'm a suvenner so I'm not familiar with the area, any pointers to stretches of river and more importantly whether it is fishable, still high?

I'm not really interested in a still water day ticket, my ten year old fishing apprentice fancies his first barbel or at least a chub. Help!
Would not bother with the Trent running to high.Looked today not good not fishable not safe and still raining.

Return to “Traditional Fishing Tackle Shops, Past and Present”