Keswells......Gone

Do you know of a good traditional fishing tackle shop, past and present.
Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Re: Keswells......Gone

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Vicky Park ehh Lee.... They've re filled the fishing lake and I hear it will be re stocked. In the summer of 2005 I returned to fishing and I caught my first Tinca there in 23 years :shocked:

2 inches long :huray:

Lets hope it isn't raided and emptied like it was last time by hungry anglers and even more hungry cormorants .

To be honest 90% of me bait comes from Roman tackle. Pie and Mash shop just 2 mins away as well.

Bigoll
Silver Bream

Re: Keswells......Gone

Post by Bigoll »

Ljm183 - thanks for the reminder about Pro-master. I presume it's still there? It's about the same distance away as Redbridge Lakes (I'm Chigwell-based) so maybe I'll give them both a try to see what I prefer.

Tench Dreamer - I'm the same on the bait front as you, with a pint of maggots top of my list every time but you can get these online too if you plan ahead a bit and don't mind paying a couple of quid more (depends how much time/effort it takes to go to a shop in the opposite direction to the fishing!). If it wasn't for needing fresh wriggly bait I'd get all my stuff from ebay as it's generally cheaper and it stops me splashing out on kit I don't need.

Return to “Traditional Fishing Tackle Shops, Past and Present”