Gonk Power

This forum is for discussing gudgeon.
Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: Gonk Power

Post by Dave Burr »

I do wish you'd write a book Moley, you always make me smile.

I know that the scale is all awry what with you using a toothpick and all, but what line is that? It looks about 15lb bs, or maybe you were secretly hoping for something a little larger to come along?

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Dave Burr wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:15 amI know that the scale is all awry what with you using a toothpick and all, but what line is that? It looks about 15lb bs, or maybe you were secretly hoping for something a little larger to come along?
The line is braid Dave and so old I can't remember what the B/s is. The float line is about 4lb Guru with a hook length of 3lb. The hook size is fourteen as contrary to popular belief, I have found you get more hook ups with a bigger hook when fishing for Gonks.....try it and you'll see :Hat:

The line may seem a bit heavy but large bream and carp to 20lb plus lurk in this lake and turn up at any time, so with this set up you stand a chance; not much of one, granted, but a chance :Wink:
GarryProcter wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:05 am Well done Moley. When you took that tree photo (the '90 degrees shot') I assume you were lying down on the bank resting after an epic battle with a gudgeon. What else could explain the angle at which it was taken? :Hahaha:

Well the truth is out there Garry but in reality I had taken one shot of the tree and was leaning forward to get the reflection in the shot, you know all artistic like, when I fell over sideways. However, like a true pro took the shot whilst falling. No doubt you'll be pleased to know the camera was unharmed, as was the Mole because the mud patch he fell into was very soft......and surprisingly deep!

The picture is interesting though :Chuckle:

Many thanks to the rest of you for your kind words...... :clap:
Bjp wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:34 pm what a cracking description of you effort.... i enjoyed that....with hope in his heart and several pork pies in his belly :Thumb: :Hahaha:

regards

bjp :Hat:
I really love a porkpie when fishing BJP, washed down with flask tea is my idea of heaven on earth......any fish caught is a bonus! :Thumb:

As ever,...

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Duebel
Rainbow Trout

Post by Duebel »

Brillant write up, Moley! It's so good to see that angling is fun, not hard work.
Greetings from Bamberg
Martin

The VFC
Brown Trout

Post by The VFC »

Thanks Moley - now having to wipe tea off my monitor.....

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

Great write up, but to be a true gonk master one has to catch them on the fly like my son does. Using bait is cheating! :whistle: :Hat:
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Mitchell324
Bleak

Post by Mitchell324 »

I do like to see people taking there gonks seriously. And pork pies too :clap: A Nice piece; liked it
I'm going, I'm going, where the water tastes like wine, gonna jump in the river and stay drunk all the time.
(Allan Wilson-Canned Heat- "GOING UP THE COUNTRY")

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Fantabulous!!
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Scott
Tench

Post by Scott »

Cracking post!

Return to “Gudgeon (Gobio gobio)”