Gudgeon Site...........

This forum is for discussing gudgeon.
Dave

Re: Gudgeon Site...........

Post by Dave »

Gudgeon Jim wrote:I think alot of so called Anglers out there could do with fishing for a few Gudgeon to teach them the basics in fishing, float shotting, light lines and small hooks.
I certainly agree with that Jim. As has been said before on here many times, many youngsters these days seem to want the instant gratification of a 30lb carp instead of, as most of us probably did, start with gudgeon and move onwards and possibly upwards. For me though, I just can't get excited about them now...oh..and by the way, I haven't caught a 30lb carp yet either!

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

I have a soft spot for the species. I must have caught thousands of them over the years. For the first 5 or 6 years of my fishing life, they made up the majority of my catch. They were often the only thing preventing a blank. More important to me then, than now
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

A 5oz gudgeon, in angling terms, would be the equivalent of a 70lb carp...an incredible creature. I hope a group member gets one!

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Isnt that a Rudd :chuckle:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Shed_Monkey
Grayling

Post by Shed_Monkey »

I know this is an old thread which I apologise fo resurrrecting, but the notion of naming specimen Gudgeon really tickled my humour :clap:
The picture of action man holding a Gudgeon was pure genius.

A nice reminder that fishing is fun.

Return to “Gudgeon (Gobio gobio)”