Memory Lane

This forum belongs to the River Severn.
Woodytia
Crucian Carp

Memory Lane

Post by Woodytia »

I walked along the Severn today from the weir at Lincombe to Holt Fleet. I was on the opposite bank to the one I used to fish, most of it looks to un-fishable now as the banks look to be very steep and overgrown I could only guess the place I caught my first Barbel using a 9ft glass rod and an Intrepid Black Prince reel, this happened before Larford lakes were thought of. I met some members of one of the local clubs working hard to clear 15 years of undergrowth and tree branches to put some proper pegs in, if there is a god of angling their hard work will be rewarded with some large Barbel and Chub when the season starts. It was nice to see this stretch of the river again, I may even try to get down and fish it if I get my quota of Tench fishing in. The only fly in the ointment was two louts fishing by the bridge at Holt Fleet, I was going to say something but I didn't want to spoil what turned out to be a great walk.

Mario
Eel

Re: Memory Lane

Post by Mario »

a lot of the river seem to over grown this time of the year by the way are you still fishing moseley park every friday

Northern Eel
Chub

Re: Memory Lane

Post by Northern Eel »

I normally fish the stretch between the hampstall inn & larford lakes, just past the now abandoned caravan site, over the past 5 years or so it's been left to ruin.
Last time I was there the trees on the opposite bank had all been cut down to make way for some caravan/camping area (looked as though the farmer had sold off plots of land to people)

All down the larford bank was overgrown & we spent a couple of hours digging out a swim, I did get a couple of barbel in the night but it's a not the same as it was.

:Cursing:
"Chasing frothy bubbles while the world is full of troubles"

"Simple pleasures maybe, but very real ones, which seem all the more precious in these restless modern days."

'BB' Denys Watkins-Pitchford

Return to “River Severn”