great day on the lower severn

This forum belongs to the River Severn.
Mario
Eel

great day on the lower severn

Post by Mario »

what a day i started the day on the lower teme it was up and coloured i managed few bangs on the rod top but no fish so i wondered down to severn then the whether cought me out with some rain. i then settled down to fish the mighty river severn after about 20 min's i had my first barbel a small one of about pound. then i had a roach of nearly a pound next i had barbel which was about 8 pounds then i hooked somthing really big it gave a really tough fight eventually i got it to the net and what a fish it was it was massive so then i rested the fish and went to get my scales but i couldnt find it i must lost it on saturday i was gutted it was easly my pb but i couldnt put a number on it my biggest to that point was 11 pound from the trent this was quite bit bigger i guestimate it be 12 plus anyway i had a look it then sliped it back i then had two pound bream then a small chub and lastly another barbel which was ten pounds give or take few ounces. i had loads of bites and raps on the rod it is lovely place with kingfishers darting by cuckoos cooing and salmon leaping as i say what a day all for price of train ticket from birmingham

St.John
Tench

Re: great day on the lower severn

Post by St.John »

Are you a member of worcester then mazza?
"Be patient and calm-for no man can catch fish in anger."

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

yes both wocester clubs

St.John
Tench

Post by St.John »

Sorted! Same here! Oldest course club ya know!

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

1838 and im one of the newest members i might see you down there one of the days

St.John
Tench

Post by St.John »

Hope so, I'm a bailiff, about the only one who bloody goes around by the sound of it as well! Can't get up the teme as often as I'd like but it is amazing-especially the members only bit.

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

went down the severn again this evening same place as before very confident never had a bite i couldnt believe it it must of been the rain we had the other day i just dont know as the other day i had bites every chuck

Return to “River Severn”