this years summer weather is getting to me

This forum belongs to the River Severn.
Mario
Eel

this years summer weather is getting to me

Post by Mario »

it seems never to stop raining and the river severn is bank high again along with river teme has any one been out on there stretch of river this weekend

Dave

Re: this years summer weather is getting to me

Post by Dave »

The little river I fish was very high over Friday night and Saturday morning.

No fishing therefore for me but interestingly it runs at one point only 10 yards from Barston Lake. You may not have heard of this place but it is where the semi finals of the British Carp Angling Championships take place so it gave me an excuse to have a wander around this weekend to see some of this event. The winning pair of anglers caught in excess of 800lbs of carp over the 48 hours of the contest for about 100 fish I think, so an average of just a bit over 8lb a fish. Those close behind all caught in the hundreds as well.

What did I make of it?.....well certainly not for me but the guys I spoke to seemed nice enough and I was re-assured to see them playing their fish and not just hauling them in. All the fish I saw were in good condition. I walked around on Friday evening and advised those bivied up on the river side bank that they would be very wet later that night and sure enough when I popped back on Sunday morning most had been forced to move up to higher ground. There is another semi final there in two weeks.....if it is still raining I will pop and have a look at that one as well....it was certainly interesting.

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

where is this and what river runs close by

Dave

Post by Dave »

http://www.britishcarpchamps.co.uk/cham ... al-19.html

It's a little river called The Blythe

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

ive been to the river once by the bridge at coleshill we went to have a look in the close season we bought two loaves of bread with us and had a great time feeding the chub off the bridge

Return to “River Severn”