Ambidex Mark Nine observations.

The J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels forum.
Nobby
Wild Carp

Re: Ambidex Mark Nine observations.

Post by Nobby »

Well, the reel is finished. I ended up machining the back of the spool to get better line-lay and this lost me the clicker I had so painstakingly made.

I couldn't leave it looking so for lorn and so hand-painted it in something pretty close to the original colours.

Having learned what I wanted to know, the reel is now for sale.

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

A beautiful reel for sure!!!! :Thumb:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

TemeLAD
Crucian Carp

Post by TemeLAD »

Nobby great tip on replacing the little black knob on the anti reverse lever thank you.

I used the tapered grippy part of a black plastic ballpoint pen sleeve and then filled it in with clear epoxy, coloured black/graphite with the shavings of a black HB pencil (just rub the pencil lead against sandpaper, gather up the dust and mix with the epoxy - works a treat and no need to paint it afterwards. :Hat:
"I can't wait to buy a bamboo pole and a filament of line and a tube of breadcrumbs. I want to participate in this practice which allows a man to be alone with himself in dignity and peace. It seems a very precious thing to me".

John Steinbeck

Nailbourne

Post by Nailbourne »

Also lost the button on the a/r lever. Not having loads of epoxy, made a very acceptable soft button using heat-shrink tube. Not as chunky as the original, but works fine.

Laid up four bits, one on top of the other, using a cigarette lighter to shrink. Five minutes.

Return to “J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels”