News flash! The world has gone mad!

The ABU Reels forum.
Kingfisher
Catfish

Re: News flash! The world has gone mad!

Post by Kingfisher »

Five years ago I sold a lot of my old unused (at the time) tackle and the lot went for £50. That included a Cardinal 55, heron bite alarms, mitchell 300 x2 a load of vintage floats and some other stuff.

I feel ripped off!! :Thumbsdown::

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

CafeRacer
Dace

Post by CafeRacer »

Scroll down and read the "Billy hits the secondary market"paragraph.
http://mentalfloss.com/article/26695/bi ... t-drinking
"Crazy,toys in the attic I am crazy,truly gone fishing."

Greentura
Crucian Carp

Post by Greentura »

Deaf Cat wrote:I just think it would sit well on my newly repaired Chris Yates’ Chapman Fred J Taylor Roach trotter

:hahaha:
I have the 'sister rod' of Chris's FJT, both were restored by Edward Barder in 1995 with clear provenance written under the deep varnish. Is this your rod? As I don't know of any other FJT owned by Chris at any time, and I did extensive research on my rod and other FJT's before buying it.

My 44x is a common green one but is mechanically perfect, has a spare spool and is indeed a good match for the FJT, although it is normally coupled with a spedia narrow drum, hopefully soon a Chris Lythe 1925 Avon. I paid less than £20 got the 44x but it needed a good clean as the grease was almost solid and turning the handle was impossible. Like a Swiss watch now and will be with me trenching come the 16th, although this time on a Hunter I have just finished :Wink:

Return to “ABU Reels”