Trip to Tall Trees

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Minger68

Trip to Tall Trees

Post by Minger68 »

Hi all
Well guys we went to Tall Trees and what a fantastic place, yes it is fished by mordern carpers but no way is it a modern commercial carp fishery, its not an easy water.
Looks very traditional, lots of lily beds and weed beds and an island.
Jay who owns Tall Trees is a gentleman and a very nice guy.
Now down to the fishing, set up the cane rods with my mitchell 300s, feeding hemp and corn, meat was always on stand by. The weather conditions were not good as the wind was a massive problem. First day only produced two bites both sadly missed, second day 3 grains of corn on the hook and away it went through the first lily bed then the next and into a thick weed bed. I thought I might be going for a swim, but slowly brought the fish back through the weed and lilys, to have a really dogged fight in open water. The fish popped up just as the cane gave way but managed to net the fish. So I now have one broken rod and a nice carp, Jay kindly let me use one of his dads rods so many thanks to Jay and yes I will be going back next year.
Any preciously uncaught fish get named by whoever is lucky enough to catch them
Mine unfortunately had been caught before but given the opportunity I would have named it Splinter

Aitch
Pike

Re: Trip to Tall Trees

Post by Aitch »

Nicely done sir... Nice words and pics....

I have fished Tall trees on several occasions and I am lucky enough to have landed a previously uncaught 20, the picture is up on the lodge wall... She's called Wanda and weighed in at 23lb 12 oz... she was part of a five fish haul for me in 48 hours in 2011...

The water is not the easiest but the fish are cracking if you can get one in.... shame about the rod... Jay is indeed a gentleman as is the bailiff MickdaFish... it is a lovely place to fish... give it a go :Thumb:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Julian
Salmon

Re: Trip to Tall Trees

Post by Julian »

You obviously enjoyed your time there and caught a carp even if it did break your rod :Thumb:
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”