Youngs of Harrow

Do you know of a good traditional fishing tackle shop, past and present.
Nobby
Wild Carp

Re: Youngs of Harrow

Post by Nobby »

Apperently Ted and Clive were both apprentices together, articled to Bob Southwell.

Both still dabble with rods to this day.

Isis
Perch

Post by Isis »

Thanks Nobby I knew there was a tie-up with Bob Southwell but didn't realise Clive and Ted were there together.

Ade76
Bleak

Post by Ade76 »

Nobby wrote:Well there is a Clive Young restoring rods once again. I don't know if it's the same feller, or perhaps his son, but he's writing Young's of Harrow on some of the rods. They are for sale on eBay from seller 'middletonstu'.
Hi nobby, yes it is the same clive young, he restored the octo float deluxe iv bought from stu on ebay, stu is a great guy to buy from, luckily I live near to him and went to his house and what a collection of vintage gear he has, well worth keeping an eye on ebay or give him a message to see what he got on offer.
Ade

Ezeeman
Minnow

Post by Ezeeman »

I remember clive. I grew up in the harrow area and my friends and I used to go to his shop. It was youngs, mcdonalds fishing shop in south Harrow, harefield tackle or greenford angling centre - those were our choices. My good friend has a 12 foot hand built carbon rod by youngs of Harrow from those days. I guess im talking about the mid 80's. Youngs was a great shop, very much for the purist. Now days I go to a great shop called Frames in west hendon. Although sadly I have to say I do order loads of my essentials on line these days.

Return to “Traditional Fishing Tackle Shops, Past and Present”