A white lady at Redmire.

Enter this forum only if you dare.
St.John
Tench

Re: A white lady at Redmire.

Post by St.John »

Snape wrote: Donald Rumsfeld was talking sense when he said "There are known knowns; there are things we know we know.
We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know.
But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know."
and that is a wonderful quote! thanks Snape, i'll remember that.
"Be patient and calm-for no man can catch fish in anger."

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

St.John wrote:
Snape wrote: Donald Rumsfeld was talking sense when he said "There are known knowns; there are things we know we know.
We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know.
But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know."
and that is a wonderful quote! thanks Snape, i'll remember that.
Before you read that St John, that quote was an unknown unknown!
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

I've enjoyed reading this. A few thoughts. Exactly the same waft of air event has happened to me twice in my life in the same room of my father's house (it pre-dates 1570 and is a listed building). On the first occasion it was about 7:30am one weekend morning and I was wide awake lying in bed. The door and the windows were closed and there was no heating on in the house. Without any obvious explanation one but not both curtains lifted up looking as if they were being held at the corners. The curtain was lifted right to the ceiling which was about 12" above the curtain rail and let drop. I looked on in utter disbelief for about 30 seconds then bolted from the room. I was about 15. About ten years later I was awoken by a strong warm wind in the same room. It stopped as I really came awake. I slept with the light on. A very similar experience first posted in this thread, now logically that would suggest this is a natural occurrence that we don't yet understand. However, the way that curtain moved up to the ceiling was exactly as if it were held by a person. Odd that.

Next thought, the Redmire ghoul – I've not read much about this only of green eyes, my thought was that this may have been a big cat, panther, puma etc that might also be the explanation of the silent pawed dog. However, one might expect to see some big cat prints around Redmire if this animal was a semi-regular visitor. Good countryside for a cat to hide in. We have had such an animal around here, popularly called the Fen Tiger. It has often been spotted in the villages and even on St John's playing field in Cambridge. I believe I have seen it and heard it on a second occasion when a friend was with me and she would verify what we witnessed. We were right next to a small holding with chickens, piglets and lambs, all suitable prey for such an animal. Its footprints have been recorded at one of the pools I fish.

Of ghosts following people, I have read a story and I don't think it was published in 'Something Fishy' of another Redmire angler having something following him home and I think the force seemed to be trapped within a picture he'd taken or a mirror on the wall. I can't recall exactly but it was one story that seemed very powerful and there was no doubt in my mind that he was conveying exactly what he believed. It may have been in Carpworld but it's a long time ago that I read this. Does anybody else recall the story and could anybody tell me more about the Ghoul?
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Return to “Haunted Swims and Fishing Stories”