Cow Paste?

This forum is for discussing crucian.
Michael
Tench

Re: Cow Paste?

Post by Michael »

Kev Parr wrote:COW paste is made from Coriander, Oatmeal and White wine.....one of Yatesy's concoctions....he caught on it, and I think I caught on it too, but it has since evolved and now includes ingredients that are not so easy to use in a mnemonic...

I do rate paste baits for crucians. I make one that is cat food based - they seem to like it. Sometimes.

Thank the heavens for that, the Mrs was getting concerned with my antics in the kitchen, with the cow and the liquidiser.... :Tongue:

JerryC
Crucian Carp

Post by JerryC »

Pumped up soggy 6mm expander pellets have worked well for me for specimen crues for many years from the summer pit at Yateley to Marsh Farm - and most in between. For those who have a liking to fishing after dark hair rigged plastic corn on a bolt rig captured a number of 4lb+ fish - not the way I'd like to fish for them but it did produce a record fish.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything...........

MaggotDrowner
Zander

Post by MaggotDrowner »

JerryC wrote:Pumped up soggy 6mm expander pellets have worked well for me for specimen crues for many years from the summer pit at Yateley to Marsh Farm - and most in between. For those who have a liking to fishing after dark hair rigged plastic corn on a bolt rig captured a number of 4lb+ fish - not the way I'd like to fish for them but it did produce a record fish.
Yes, Mr Bowler showed us in CTI. I was shocked how small the length of line from the weight to the hook was. But then I suppose it must be that short to hook a crucian as they bite so delicately. I'd never use a blot rig for a crucias though. That's just wrong. You want delicate little floats, tiny hooks and bubbles. Not heavy weights, bite alarms and plastic bait!
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Danny Boy
Arctic Char

Post by Danny Boy »

Loop Erimder wrote:Hope that cow hasn't got one single udder :readnews:
:shocked:
I go fishing not to find myself...but to lose myself

Mc.

Post by Mc. »

Thanks Kev Parr "Coriander, Oatmeal and White wine" is the stuff I heard about. I was starting to think I'd dreamt it so thanks for the explanation, I will defiantly be giving it a try along with Bumble's recipe.

The Crucians in the pool are few and far between and give those classic dips and lifts on all but the most sensitive of floats, so your chaps suggestions might be the way for these tricky little blighters.

Thanks again.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Coriander, Oatmeal and White Wine? Not exactly one of your traditional fares, who's bait company does this come from?

Heston examines his bait for the morning session

Woolly Bear
Chub

Post by Woolly Bear »

Cow paste is potted beef :Thumb: . W B . :Hat:

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

A bit difficult fishing at range to see a small antenna with out a spotting scope - and a good one at that! An instant hooking rig was required.

As you all know the fish caught by Martin Bowler came from a gravel pit in Yateley called 'Little Moulsham' which is not on the Yateley Complex but was a part of a day ticket water in the 80's & early 90's. The main part is now a water-ski lake.

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

Seriously, I`ve always known it as butter... :Confused:

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

Cow Paste..........Wot like this??

:Scared:
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Return to “Crucian (Carassius carassius)”