Rodrill of London.

The Rodrill of London Rods forum.
Tengisgol
Barbel

Re: Rodrill of London.

Post by Tengisgol »

I have one of those with the red anodised fittings. I made a real cods of the refurb., and messed up the ferrules, many years ago, but what a beast of a rod. Reckon it would stop a tractor!
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

The Fishing Priest
Stickleback

Post by The Fishing Priest »

Well done you have brought these rods back to life. I have two Hollow Glass Rodrills, The Wigeon and The Dipper from their Goldcrest series. I'd like to know more about the maker, if you have that information.

Das-Bolt
Gudgeon

Post by Das-Bolt »

A much underrated company in my opinion I have one of their early unnamed 11' cane models, which is a superb Barbel rod and as good as, if not better than anything else I have tried from the more well known stables. It is documented that Ted Oliver would hawk his cane blanks around North London. Don's of Edmonton used to build rod's based on Oliver's blanks and Rodrill was just down the road in Tottenham, just a thought? I will post pictures when I get around to it. If you search the forum I'm sure you will find what you're looking for but if you need something specific pm me and I'll try to help.

NickM
Ruffe

Post by NickM »

Just to butt in with my own ha'p'orth and a question. Rodrill of London / Priory of Bournmouth / Unknown. Identical measurements on the blanks and on two identical handle furnishings. All sections interchangeable between rods. Who actually made the blanks?

The Rodrill has its original guides, The Priory Throop obviously still awaits rings and the unknown....yeah I know, but it had been rewhipped several times over with rings in very odd places and the rings had stained the blank yadda yadda.... it's a damn sight prettier than when I punted a fiver on it at the local booty.

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Speaking to Brian at Chapman,s Of Ware a year or so ago he told me he used to deliver split cane rod blanks to Rodrill.

Not far down the A10

Return to “Rodrill of London Cane Rods”