Secured today Photos added

The Speedia Reels forum.
JimmyR
Perch

Re: Secured today Photos added

Post by JimmyR »

Hi MA, well the pill type i "Think" is on the wrong body as it appears to be exactly the same body as the later black one, it has the raised embossed logo " WR at top of triangle, then under that the words "Speedia fishing tackle", and at the bottom of triangle the word "Products", but the pin is longer than the black which allows the pill type spool to latch on.

The Black one is great apart from missing one screw in the end float assembly, and the thread on the fine adjustment thumb piece appears to be thread stripped, but it spins nicely and is perfectly usable. Also it seems to be original paintwork and retains around 90% of it, maybe more.

Jim
The brotherhood of the angle.

Match Aerial
Arctic Char

Post by Match Aerial »

Oh well at least you have one good user from the deal. Just thought I would ask as I was going to have a go myself.
I suppose its always a gamble on ebay M8

MA

Chavender
Eel

Post by Chavender »

yes looking at the silver one its a older model on a improved models back ,the pin look right from the angle of the photo.so long as its on its original spindle (pin) then it should be ok ,unless there's a clearance problem between the bottom of the spool fowling on the ratchet lever arm etc.

the older models have a shorter fatter pin at the end of the spindle shaft ,and a wider grub screw to match

the later improved model has a longer thinner pin at the end of the spindle shaft that extends up inside the brass turret

the improved model takes a 6ba grub screw I recall .
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! Steve

JimmyR
Perch

Post by JimmyR »

Thanks guys, so i can look out for a pill body then and maybe sell the one that the pill spool is attached to.

Jim

Chavender
Eel

Post by Chavender »

your more likely to find a nakered later model with say a broken or cut down foot or other damage .the older models you don't see many damaged ones ,they're I guess lying on the bottom of a river or landfill someware by now . you do see a few bad newer models though .
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! Steve

JimmyR
Perch

Post by JimmyR »

So, i am also on the lookout for a later model spool lol, thats ok, i can wait, i still have the user of the pair, still useful as a trotting reel.

Return to “Speedia Reels”