Edgar Sealey catalogue - early 70s?

The Edgar Sealey & Sons Ltd Rods forum.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: Edgar Sealey catalogue - early 70s?

Post by AshbyCut »

Hope this helps, Reedling ... from the 1969 catalogue ...

"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Thank you so much AshbyCut..that is the rods I have exactly :Thumb: Even the loose sliding and locking reel fittings are identical to that shown. Brilliant. :Hat:

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Sounds like you have a real bargain Reedling, Sir.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

The Sealeys cost me £13 for the pair AhsbyCut so I was really pleased with that and as they are in such nice condition I shall keep them intact and use them one day. The other glass rods are a bit/well passed their sell by date so I have already taken the rings etc off, but will keep the blank sections for maybe future use. All the best and thanks again, Reedling. :Hat:

Pops1980

Post by Pops1980 »

Reedling wrote:The Sealeys cost me £13 for the pair AhsbyCut so I was really pleased with that and as they are in such nice condition I shall keep them intact and use them one day. The other glass rods are a bit/well passed their sell by date so I have already taken the rings etc off, but will keep the blank sections for maybe future use. All the best and thanks again, Reedling. :Hat:

Got one myself last week, amazing condition. Will be looking for another soon!

Old-CodJA

Post by Old-CodJA »

SeanM wrote:If I remember rightly I bought my Milbro Silver Shadow in 1972 ans the Blue Match was current then. I'm pretty sure it was the Blue Match and not the Blue Match 2.
Yes, I had an original 12 foot 'Blue Match', one of my favourite rods and one that I'd love to acquire again ( being a silly sod, I gave mine away when still match fishing myself in the late 70's and newer materials & designs ruled! )

I've seen quite a lot of the later models for sale from time to time, but to me, they never have quite the same appeal for some reason.

Pops1980

Post by Pops1980 »

Old-CodJA wrote:
SeanM wrote:If I remember rightly I bought my Milbro Silver Shadow in 1972 ans the Blue Match was current then. I'm pretty sure it was the Blue Match and not the Blue Match 2.
Yes, I had an original 12 foot 'Blue Match', one of my favourite rods and one that I'd love to acquire again ( being a silly sod, I gave mine away when still match fishing myself in the late 70's and newer materials & designs ruled! )

I've seen quite a lot of the later models for sale from time to time, but to me, they never have quite the same appeal for some reason.

I believe there was one on the 'bay' last week, not sure it's still there though. I think it was going for £20!

Old-CodJA

Post by Old-CodJA »

Pops1980 wrote:
Old-CodJA wrote:

I believe there was one on the 'bay' last week, not sure it's still there though. I think it was going for £20!

Thanks, I missed that somehow then. :Cry: There's one on there now as part of a job lot although the seller describes it as 'very worn and in need of repair' so had to discount it as even if I bought it, it's a 500 mile round trip to collect.

Return to “Edgar Sealey & Sons Ltd Cane Rods”