Rovers return @ Durham

The Edgar Sealey & Sons Ltd Rods forum.
Marc
Sea Trout

Rovers return @ Durham

Post by Marc »

It's been a while since I had this rod at the bank, sealey 'rover'. Refurbished by me last year, it's a prized possession and will be with me through my angling exploits for as long as I can stumble to a puddle. I wanted to test its metal (cane) against something that pulled back but could only manage a few bream, to about 3lbs. Now, I'm a nature loving man and don't rate any fish above another, ok, maybe the crucian, but I really find it hard to like bream fishing. Bite, strike, weight, slow reel to the bank! Can life as a bream be so dull that fighting for it just seems pointless. C'mon bream. Do your bit.

Ps. They still got treat with the reverence and care they rightly deserve.
Pss. The reel is a Mitchell 410, If anyone wondered.

Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Paul D

Re: Rovers return @ Durham

Post by Paul D »

Bank looks steep :tea:

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

Dad keeps saying "I don't want to catch one of those Tench, they're too slimey and have me in a mess" I can't wait to see him catch a bream.

Nice write up PoD and you're right, it is hard to get excited about catching a bream but a fish is a fish and all have their place I suppose. :Hat:

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

Marc
Sea Trout

Post by Marc »

I did catch some roach too but they were horribly marked, red sores on their flanks. Also some Rudd with just hook and a float attached with float rubber and no weight, quickly becoming my favourite method of fishing in warmer months. Casting is an issue with no weight on the line but when you fire out a sprinkling of maggots, see the water boil with fish, whilst your hook bait is motionless on the bottom, it's worth the effort.
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Seriously now (ignore earlier post :Hat: ) I to am not to keen on bream, although I do treat them with the same amount of care as all the rest.
Love to know.... what's in the rod bag in your photo? :cheers:

Trevor
Eel

Post by Trevor »

Red soars on the roach might be a result of spawning?
Bream are not a fish I angle for, but a big, dark bream is still a sight to behold.

Danny Boy
Arctic Char

Post by Danny Boy »

Paul D wrote:Bank looks steep :tea:

you silly sod ,I nearly choked on me tea :Hahaha:
I go fishing not to find myself...but to lose myself

Return to “Edgar Sealey & Sons Ltd Cane Rods”