This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: Redmire Phone Wars 2016

Post by Mark »

Lovely post Barbulus, thats what its all about, enjoying being there. :Hat:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Nice one Matthew couldn't of put it better myself. Catching nothing at Redmire is better than catching something anywhere else
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

I'd rather blank for a month at Redmire than spend a day in work.... :Cool:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

Absolutely Matt, I've been twice caught a fair few first time and one the second, enjoyed both trips equally, still has the magic for me, best rule is restricting the number of anglers to 4 so there is plenty of room, generally folks fish with a couple of rods, but it's useful to be ready for a bit of stalking or float fishing.
Best Fishes
Mushy

QuinetteCane
Rudd

Post by QuinetteCane »

Never been there myself. But..
A picture of Redmire in its summer clothing always calls me in.

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

i must admit id rather be down the road on the river wye on my club water any day than fishing redmire and it would be a hell of lot cheaper with lot less trouble

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

Mario wrote:i must admit id rather be down the road on the river wye on my club water any day than fishing redmire and it would be a hell of lot cheaper with lot less trouble
Each to their own Mario but I tend to agree it does seem like a lot of hassle to live a past dream or someone else's even. I can't get to fish all my local non commercial opportunities up here in Norfolk let alone get to know how to fish them well so I'll be damned if I'll sit on the phone trying to fish someone else's. With PFA the boys did a fine job but to me the 3lb roach will always be the magic of that wonderfully produced series...and those? now yes I would travel for those so I can understand if carp are your thing why Redmire has its attraction for some.
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

Shropshire Lad
Perch

Post by Shropshire Lad »

I might try when I retire as present to myself, as it is 25 years away hopefully I will still be here and the interest will have waned significantly enough to gain easier access and it might be a lot cheaper as most younger anglers have never heard of the place or Dick Walker, though knowing my luck they will probably fill it in and build houses on it by then when the population as grown by another 20 million!

Ade76
Bleak

Post by Ade76 »

Having been on redmire for the past two days and only had one take (I presume an eel) it wasn't until the last hour stalking up in the shallows when a 20lb+ mirror carp jumped that I realised that the pool still has a certain mystery about it, it took me back to a time when fishing was more simple and showed me that sitting behind my rods waiting for a bite isn't how it should be. The fact that no huge carp remain shouldn't deture anyone from taking a trip back in time to a place we have all read about at some point in our lives,
We all have our own bucket list of places that we want to fish and redmire along with many other people was on my list, hopefully I'll see redmire again in it's summer glory and maybe catch.

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

don't get me wrong i like catching carp but modern day big carp fishing isn't really my bag and yes the likes of walker and the greats of redmire were all modern specimen hunters of there time willing to sit it out for days at a time if i can catch a big fish in a day session I'm a happy man but i don't really like sitting it out day after day without a with no action its not for me and that what i suspect redmire is all about but if thats what you like to do all well a good but i think redmire like some rivers which contained huge barbel things change things move on its big fish are a thing of the past so are the anglers who fished for them and I'm afraid to say it may be just money making operation for the people running it now but thats the way of the world today nothing changes there then

Return to “Redmire Pool”