Senior Wallis Avon

Andrew J. Davis Cane Rods forum.
J.T
Catfish

Re: Senior Wallis Avon

Post by J.T »

Was the trip of a life time, and what a rod!!! :)
"piscator non solum piscatur"

James
Rudd

Post by James »

We did catch lots of fish on this trip,the fight these Wye chub gave us was something i have never experienced,very powerful. My new Senior Wallis Avon was never straight for long ,i found it a joy even catching a double figure carp did not over stress it. Special mention goes to JT who had a red letter with the wye chub on the first day. brilliant stuff.
Image Image Image

Paul F
Sea Trout

Post by Paul F »

Cracking fishing, what an amount of fish too, well done all, love the rod :Hat:

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

Great stuff gents, sounds like a good trip, love that photo of the Barbel James, and the rod we'll err.. I'm like my spaniel salivating at dinner time !!!!
Best Fishes
Mushy

Badger1
Roach

Post by Badger1 »

These rods also double up as Pike rods. :Chuckle: . Well I was after a barbel but happy with this one.

Badger1
Roach

Post by Badger1 »

I thought it time for an update on this thread to promote Andrew’s rods further and to rave about the Senior Wallis Avon further still. The rod has been getting a bit of a work out over the past few seasons. Fishing trips are not as often as I would like though.

It’s not everyone’s cuppa tea at the 12’ length and Andrew will make a slightly shorter version at 11’ 6” although I have recently asked him to consider a 13’ version if the appropriate whole cane piece can be found. Which could be an interesting rod or monstrous. The current 12’ version is in my opinion a delightful balance between weight (light for 12’ rod) and power, I don’t personally think any other classic or modern cane rod compares….if you like the longer rod.

I’ve recently taken to using a larger 4 ½” reel which with this 12’ rod casts superbly; well it almost becomes a pleasure just to keep casting out. The SWA rods action assists with casting especially with quite heavy leads. It’s an all-through action rather than “tippy”. Normally I won’t use leads over a 1oz as I don’t want to stress a rod but the SWA recently handled a 1 ½ oz with a meat bait fine, casting a notable distance.
A few pictures of the rod in action:
SWA_1.jpg
SWA_2.jpg
SWA_3.jpg
SWA_4.jpg
SWA_5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Badger1 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Badger1
Roach

Post by Badger1 »

SWA_6.jpg
SWA_7.jpg
SWA_8.jpg
SWA_9.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Superb !!! 'Nuff said !!! :Hat:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Mine is still available if anyone interested
11'6 version
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Wonderful stuff, William.
The rod and fish are beauties. :Hat:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Return to “Andrew J. Davis Cane Rods”