Fishing Float Display stand.

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Fredline
Tench

Fishing Float Display stand.

Post by Fredline »

I saw an item just like this on an auction website that was displaying half a dozen Harcorks that were for sale. The seller had more enquiries about the stand than the floats. It turns out the stand belonged to his wife and is a make up brush rack. On investigation there is a whole range of these in many styles and colours. They can be listed as "pen holders" "toothbrush racks" "make up stands". This one cost me the grand sum of £4 with free postage.
So if you have a selection of vintage or classic fishing floats to display then I suggest you look at the range available as there is definitely one for you. Image .
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Duebel
Rainbow Trout

Re: Fishing Float Display stand.

Post by Duebel »

That's nice! I like the floats!
Greetings from Bamberg
Martin

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Post by OldTackle »

Like that and the floats, too. How are they attached to the line? Rubber bands only at the bottom?
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

Nice idea and I like the knobs on those bone/ebony tops, which I will of course copy for a few Naiads.

I 've been meaning to post on this subject for several months so this thread is a timely reminder. For float stands for both display and glueing jobs, I use the transparent plastic bases off pic nic champagne glasses, which are both cheap and useful. Each base can hold up to three floats depending on the type!
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Duebel
Rainbow Trout

Post by Duebel »

Santiago wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:22 pm Nice idea and I like the knobs on those bone/ebony tops, which I will of course copy for a few Naiads.

I 've been meaning to post on this subject for several months so this thread is a timely reminder. For float stands for both display and glueing jobs, I use the transparent plastic bases off pic nic champagne glasses, which are both cheap and useful. Each base can hold up to three floats depending on the type!
Could we see a picture, please!
Greetings from Bamberg
Martin

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

Sure, I will try to take a photo at the weekend!
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Fredline
Tench

Post by Fredline »

The floats are all Homers of Forest gate fame. They are a cork body around a celluloid hollow stem. The line is passed through the stem and locked in place by the Whalebone plug. They are listed in the early Homers catalogues as Thames floats. The plugs are very often missing and some pictured here were made for me by a friend who makes scale model Panzer tanks. It is difficult to tell them apart from the originals.
Last edited by Fredline on Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Paul F
Sea Trout

Post by Paul F »

That's the largest single collection of Homer's I have ever seen John, and they are very very nice :Hat:

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Although I have seen your Homer floats before John., they are always nice to see, old, simple, but effective ! I do like the display rack, I need something to store many of the floats that I have collected!

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”