Chris Yates and line?

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Snape
Bailiff

Re: Chris Yates and line?

Post by Snape »

WildCarpFisher. wrote:Snape. I'm in one also but I can take a guest from time to time. It's nice to share something like that with others, if it's in your nature to do so?
Sadly I'm not one of the fortunate few....
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hoppy-Doffton
Perch

Post by Hoppy-Doffton »

Snape wrote:Jade lake was a GSC lake in the past when it was wild and little fished and the GSC shared it with a 'modern' syndicate.
Sadly a lot of the more interesting 'wild' areas were opened up to allow access and erection of bivvys and casting with 13' rods.
Now it is a 'bivvy boy' only syndicate and the GSC have nothing more to do with it.
Shame.... :(

That's such sad news. I came across this lake totally by accident when I got lost on my way home from a fishing trip to Hampshire in the late 70s. I wandered round the lake then and I dreamed of fishing there for years until the memory slowly faded. Then I read The Secret Carp & watched Caught in Time and couldn't believe it was the same lake. So beautiful and so untamed. Such a shame that money probably has done it no good at all it was such a quiet and tranquil place even though it was right beside a road. Incidentally I never got to wet a line there :Cry:
To enjoy our sport as it should be enjoyed, our surroundings must be beautiful, for your true angler enjoys nature as much as he enjoys fishing. "BB"

Macko
Grayling

Post by Macko »

Wasn't the GSC a syndicate :tea:

ATB Macko

Lovatt
Perch

Post by Lovatt »

I believe the GSC were a group of friends that used to meet and it was not really a club as such.

Trevor

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Still exists, I received this letter February this year.

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”