A new hat

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Martin James
Eel

Re: A new hat

Post by Martin James »

Very nice hat Mark, hopefully it will help you get that 5lb chub, perhaps a Magic Hat like Dick Walkers hat he rescued from the River Cam

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Martin James wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:54 pm Very nice hat Mark, hopefully it will help you get that 5lb chub, perhaps a Magic Hat like Dick Walkers hat he rescued from the River Cam
Let's hope so Martin. :Hat:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Jardine
Perch

Post by Jardine »

I've had the same hat for many years, mines a bit beaten up and faded now. It's made by Christys.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Great looking hat Mark, very Indiana Jones looking. :Thumb:

I've just got myself a straw hat for summer fishing, keeps the sun off but lets a bit of air blow through..

Wal.

Jmooney
Minnow

Post by Jmooney »

A fine looking chapeau my good man, may it accompany you on many grand adventures!

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

I had a look around on the net after seeing Marks hat and have found out the design is called a 'Fedora'. I think I now know what I need to look or ask for.

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

If your Fedora is half as lucky for you Mark as my Tarp Hat has been for me. You will be doing an awful lot of smiling from beneath the brim.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

If the hat is made of a "Felt" type material Mark, it is very similar to a top brand that sells very well in Australia. Very stylish!

Champ
Chub

Post by Champ »

Good looking hat Mark.We are lucky here.T Snook the hatters are just down the road in Bridport.Your looks very much like their "Ferret Catcher".There are pictures on their website.

I visited the shop last month to buy a new summer hat as my old one is wearing out,it was made of straw.My new one is made of paper would you believe!.Its been just the job this sunny summer.I was starting to feel the sun on my head now the hair is thinning and have been wearing the hat much more.

I have taken note of some of the posts on this forum regarding protection :Thumb: .

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Shaun Harrison wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:15 pm If your Fedora is half as lucky for you Mark as my Tarp Hat has been for me. You will be doing an awful lot of smiling from beneath the brim.
Lets hope so Shaun. :Hat:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”