Help! Rod ring

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Nobby
Wild Carp

Re: Help! Rod ring

Post by Nobby »

No Seymo is the trade name of Hopkins and Holloway. I'm told because the designer was called Seymour. Those Fuji rings had tall loops hanging below the main body of the ring and when you put a single section on a table, eyes down, they stayed put!

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Post by Tonytoned »

Nobby wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:05 pm No Seymo is the trade name of Hopkins and Holloway. I'm told because the designer was called Seymour. Those Fuji rings had tall loops hanging below the main body of the ring and when you put a single section on a table, eyes down, they stayed put!
I do remember Fuji rings black and green. In our early carp days late 70's, one of our friends used these rings for some carp blanks they had purchased. Interesting about Seymo rings.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

I have the translucent Fuji rings as Nobby has described, on my glass rods I made. Plus the next ones, grey BPLT, type from the start of c***on rod making. Plus various others, from glass rods mainly.

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Post by Tonytoned »

Olly wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:37 pm I have the translucent Fuji rings as Nobby has described, on my glass rods I made. Plus the next ones, grey BPLT, type from the start of c***on rod making. Plus various others, from glass rods mainly.
This is all interesting stuff Olly.

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Post by Tonytoned »

This is similar to the Fuji rings I remember.
bnhg__23991.1426013235.451.416.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Yep - definitely a Fuji. ~ Used on glass rods as butt rings and their single legs as inters although I did use these all through on heavier (carp/pike) rods. The single legs were mostly for Avon, tench and barbel rods which made them slightly lighter and did not stiffen the blanks action.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I've a JB Walker catalogue somewhere from the Seventies that includes these rings. If I can find it we'll at least have proper images and a model number. I'll have a look later.

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

I have a Savage carp rod that has those Fuji lined rings on as have some of my beachcasters, they are excellent quality. One beachcaster I have has those that are Luminous as well, after the light has shone on them they light up very brightly against the frosty night skies.

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Post by Tonytoned »

Nobby wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:24 am I've a JB Walker catalogue somewhere from the Seventies that includes these rings. If I can find it we'll at least have proper images and a model number. I'll have a look later.
That'll be interesting to find out Nobby

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Post by Tonytoned »

Reedling wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:24 am I have a Savage carp rod that has those Fuji lined rings on as have some of my beachcasters, they are excellent quality. One beachcaster I have has those that are Luminous as well, after the light has shone on them they light up very brightly against the frosty night skies.
I remember those well from the early carping days Reedling.

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”