Good Evening from Bethnal Green

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Totman
Minnow

Re: Good Evening from Bethnal Green

Post by Totman »

Welcome Perry used to fish at broxbourne canal side of Kings Weir from 1968 till about 1978 then i got a car and a whole new fishing world opened up for me...no more train journeys from Tottenham Hale enjoy forum john

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Welcome Perry, I used to fish the Regents Canal near to London Zoo in my youth and I live by the Lea at Stanstead Abbotts now, so we have fished some of the same venues!

Pelj54
Minnow

Post by Pelj54 »

Totman wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:53 pm Welcome Perry used to fish at broxbourne canal side of Kings Weir from 1968 till about 1978 then i got a car and a whole new fishing world opened up for me...no more train journeys from Tottenham Hale enjoy forum john
Thank you John,Same as you I'd catch the train to Broxbourne but from Liverpool Street station in the city.Carrying our gear from the station to the bankside was always a time of excitement and anticipation for me and my mates.Kings Weir and Carthegena Weir near the lock were our favourite spots.Perry

Pelj54
Minnow

Post by Pelj54 »

Lea Dweller wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:38 pm Welcome Perry, I used to fish the Regents Canal near to London Zoo in my youth and I live by the Lea at Stanstead Abbotts now, so we have fished some of the same venues!
Thank you Lea Dweller,we must share very similar memories of the canal and the decent fish we caught back in the day.Perry

ChrisMec
Ruffe

Post by ChrisMec »

Hello Perry and welcome to the forum.

Pelj54
Minnow

Post by Pelj54 »

ChrisMec wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:36 pm Hello Perry and welcome to the forum.
Thank you ChrisMec.

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Pelj54 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:03 pm
Totman wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:53 pm Welcome Perry used to fish at broxbourne canal side of Kings Weir from 1968 till about 1978 then i got a car and a whole new fishing world opened up for me...no more train journeys from Tottenham Hale enjoy forum john
Thank you John,Same as you I'd catch the train to Broxbourne but from Liverpool Street station in the city.Carrying our gear from the station to the bankside was always a time of excitement and anticipation for me and my mates.Kings Weir and Carthegena Weir near the lock were our favourite spots.Perry
I used to do the same journey to Cheshunt and then walk the towpath to the LAA stretch at Slipe Lane.

But i used to get the train from Stepney East, bit of a pain really as the trains never stopped there.

Lee.

Pelj54
Minnow

Post by Pelj54 »

Ljm183 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:48 pm
Pelj54 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:03 pm
I used to do the same journey to Cheshunt and then walk the towpath to the LAA stretch at Slipe Lane.

But i used to get the train from Stepney East, bit of a pain really as the trains never stopped there.

Lee.
Awkward journey for you back then Lee and a long walk.Like John,new fishing horizons opened up for me and my mates as we got older and bought cars.One of our number got his hands on an old Ford Transit and decked it out with extra seats,occasionally we would pile in and travel to Broxbourne where we would drive right onto the bankside via a track next to Nazeing Glass Works.Saved all the walking loaded with gear.Luxury.Perry

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”