The Traditional Angler

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
Leigh

The Traditional Angler

Post by Leigh »

Having invested in camera equipment, editing software & lighting I will be over the next few months bringing some very special films to the forum and to a wider audience. I feel privileged that people have asked me to capture the essence of our piscatorial pleasures from many different angles. I'm currently working on a few projects that should hopefully hit the big screen in the next few months.

Hugh Miles is my inspiration behind the lens who brought to us on the BBC APFA, but with social media now the rising platform for independent filmmakers I'd like to share with you my channel - The Traditional Angler.

Currently, I'm not eligible to create a custom URL channel link, but hopefully, in time I can gain the permissions to do this.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmSNX5 ... subscriber

So far my audience has covered the geographical viewers from:

The United Kingdom
Belgium
Germany
The Netherlands

So a big thank you to all

Richard Jackson
Brown Trout

Re: The Traditional Angler

Post by Richard Jackson »

Good luck Leigh :Hat:
I spend most of my life fishing the Rest i just waste

Dendrobaena
Silver Bream

Post by Dendrobaena »

Subscribed...Good luck Leigh :Thumb: :Thumb:
"Try to learn something about everything and everything about something."

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Best of luck...I’m in👍🏻
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Muscavado
Grayling

Post by Muscavado »

The best of luck Leigh, I’m signed up :Hat:

John

Scott
Tench

Post by Scott »

Well done Leigh, I like the sepia style colouring and the imitation crackles on the film. Interesting choice of font too, art deco right?

I'm sure you agree that the arts are a great way of extending and reflecting your angling experiences, I dabbled with film making myself but now stick to writing and visual arts (painting, drawing, printing).

I found the film making quite laborious, it took me over 3 weeks to get the footage that I needed then after editing I was left with only a little over a minute and a half. That said I was quite happy with the end result, it has a similar feel to yours actually, great minds eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veqULEzZDfc

Best of luck with the channel... :cheers:

Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Having recently upload a new film to my channel unfortunately it had to be removed several times due to claims of copyright being breached with the soundtrack I had included. This would have involved another party attaching or embedding adverts onto my work to generate income.

I had through software applications attached music from Chopin which I thought and was led to believe free for public use, it was clearly not, but within the YouTube creator software there are soundtracks to use ,alas Chopin is very limited to two tracks. For this series of short films there will be no vocals and will be in black and white.

My niece is an aspiring pianist and guitarist I may ask her to assist with creating my own signature melody. Many thanks for your patience and support I hope to create some further interesting material in the future.

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Have a word with Sweetcorn Kid who posts on here, he has made some lovely films of his exploits and could may be help you in your quest. :Hat:

Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Post by Nigel Rainton »

Scott,

A short film but we'll remembered and I still listen to the music :-)

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

I’ve subscribed.

I just love these film clips.

One day, Maybe not too far away a black and white ful length fishing film ala APFA :Thumb:
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Return to “Fishing Films”