BC Australian Leather Hat

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Jeremy Croxall
Zander

BC Australian Leather Hat

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Hi chaps, I have bought a BC leather hat which has a nubuck/suede type finish and wondered about water proofing, is there a spray on water proofer that doesn't smell like pear drops!
Would appreciate any advice or suggestions.....
Many thanks. :Hat:
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Hovis
Tench

Re: BC Australian Leather Hat

Post by Hovis »

Google Diver Dave (Dave Gordon) he does a fantastic waterproofing spray. He also has great deals on waders should it be particularly wet.
I have laid aside business, and gone a'fishing.

Izaak Walton

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Jeremy Croxall wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:13 am Hi chaps, I have bought a BC leather hat which has a nubuck/suede type finish and wondered about water proofing, is there a spray on water proofer that doesn't smell like pear drops!
Maybe next time you should buy a hat from a country where it rains more :tea:

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Dave Burr wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:27 am
Jeremy Croxall wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:13 am Hi chaps, I have bought a BC leather hat which has a nubuck/suede type finish and wondered about water proofing, is there a spray on water proofer that doesn't smell like pear drops!
Mr Burr, the tropical regions of Australia, in the north of the country, including the equatorial and sub-tropical zones have high temperatures and high humidity and distinct wet and dry seasons. In the Australian tropics the wet season, called the monsoon season, lasts about six months. :snooty:

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Jeremy Croxall wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:00 pm
Mr Burr, the tropical regions of Australia, in the north of the country, including the equatorial and sub-tropical zones have high temperatures and high humidity and distinct wet and dry seasons. In the Australian tropics the wet season, called the monsoon season, lasts about six months. :snooty:
Why then would they make a hat that is not waterproof? Bit like the Inuit making bikinis :roll: Now how about a nice Sou'wester, much more sensible :Happy:

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Jeremy,
I've used this on my wife's "Ugg boots" it works but by god it stinks when you apply it, no smell once dry but use it outside. :Hat:

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Dave Burr wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:01 pm
Jeremy Croxall wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:00 pm
Why then would they make a hat that is not waterproof? Bit like the Inuit making bikinis :roll: Now how about a nice Sou'wester, much more sensible :Happy:
That's a good point, perhaps they don't make them waterproof so we "poms" have something to "whinge" about!
The hats are water repellant to an extent, but I just thought I'd try and improve their repellancy. :Hat:

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Paul D wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:51 pm Jeremy,
I've used this on my wife's "Ugg boots" it works but by god it stinks when you apply it, no smell once dry but use it outside. :Hat:
Thanks Paul!

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Hovis wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:44 am Google Diver Dave (Dave Gordon) he does a fantastic waterproofing spray. He also has great deals on waders should it be particularly wet.
Thanks Darren, his proofing spray is described as suitable for fabric but I guess it would work on leather? I will email and enquire. :Hat:

Muscavado
Grayling

Post by Muscavado »

Jeremy,

Rub a Sheep on it, one of your ex girlfriends will do.
The Lanolin will protect it.
No charge for the advice :Chuckle:

John

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”