Hello from across the pond.

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Lea Dweller
Pike

Re: Hello from across the pond.

Post by Lea Dweller »

Welcome to the forum, I am sure that you will enjoy it!
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Iasgair wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:31 amIt seems I am going to have to take my phone with me to take photo's. I will need instructions on how to post them if someone here is willing to help with that.
Instructions can be found here Lasgair. :Hat:

http://traditionalfisherman.com/viewtop ... 13&t=24795
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

OldAngler
Perch

Post by OldAngler »

Welcome, now we shall all be reading John Gierach's wonderful books about trout fishing in Colorado, (and other states). Gierach also uses bamboo rods, (or split cane as we call them in the UK).

I have never fished Colorado, but Alaska is something special! I have fished there six times, and every pound or dollar was well spent!

I look forward to reading about how you do things differently.

Iasgair
Chub

Post by Iasgair »

OldAngler wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:28 pm Welcome, now we shall all be reading John Gierach's wonderful books about trout fishing in Colorado, (and other states). Gierach also uses bamboo rods, (or split cane as we call them in the UK).

I have never fished Colorado, but Alaska is something special! I have fished there six times, and every pound or dollar was well spent!

I look forward to reading about how you do things differently.

I would bet that the only thing that's really different is the water and scenery. Everything else I would think would be minor. Though I will say I think our brown trout look a little different than yours in color and spots. Not much of a difference, but there is a slight change.
When I learn to post pictures ( forgive me, I'm not a technical person ) I will definitely share photo's of our trout species. Our brook trout are very lovely in the Autumn months, along with the cutthroat and browns.

Alaska is a special place no doubt. We may not have grizzly ( there are some reports there may still be a few in the southwest area of the state ) but the black bears are plenty. They will generally leave you alone unless cubs or food are involved. It's those mountain lions you need to look out for. They play by their own rules, and they have no rules. I do fear them more than a bear.
Worry less about who you might offend, and care more about who you might inspire.

Gudgeon Basher
Dace

Post by Gudgeon Basher »

Welcome to the forum Lasgair

Mick
Chub

Post by Mick »

A very warm welcome to you Iasgair!

Gudgeon Basher
Dace

Post by Gudgeon Basher »

Grizzly bears, brown bears and mountain lions.....and we worry about crayfish, mitten crabs, otters and cormorants, puts that somewhat into perspective doesn't it!!

TraditionalAngling
Brown Trout

Post by TraditionalAngling »

Welcome to TFF enjoy

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Welcome aboard Iasgair :Hat:
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Iasgair
Chub

Post by Iasgair »

Gudgeon Basher wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:52 am Grizzly bears, brown bears and mountain lions.....and we worry about crayfish, mitten crabs, otters and cormorants, puts that somewhat into perspective doesn't it!!

Yeah, my wife wants me to carry a weapon when I go to some areas known to have these critters. I just take bear spray with me. It not only works for bears, but it keeps rude fishermen from approaching you unexpectedly. :laugh1:
Worry less about who you might offend, and care more about who you might inspire.

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”