Warburtons Toastie Pockets

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
Stour Otter
Grayling

Warburtons Toastie Pockets

Post by Stour Otter »

Picked up a pack of "Warburton's Toastie Pockets" to use with bread punches on the pole/float ledger. The interesting thing with this product is that they are semi-cooked and you can also add a flavouring to the inside pocket and punch through, giving the baited hook a semi-paste flavoured sandwich. Several punches could also be used on a hair-rig if that is your penchant. If using Garlic Puree do watch any contact with fingers to eyes, it stings like hell. The propelling punches where bought from an on-line auction site. Looking forward to trying these in the new season on the river for the roach.

Stour Otter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The good angler is not the one with expensive equipment. Common sense, observation and trying to realize
what is happening above and below water will catch fish no matter what price equipment you fish with.
L.A. Parker - This Fishing 1948

Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Warburtons Toastie Pockets

Post by Olly »

An excellent idea!! Are they "doughier" than normal bread?

Been meaning to buy those spring-punches!

Stour Otter
Grayling

Post by Stour Otter »

Olly wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:53 pm An excellent idea!! Are "doughier" than normal bread?
Much doughier and are not so easily nibbled from the hook by small roach as with punch bread or crust on my local still water.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The good angler is not the one with expensive equipment. Common sense, observation and trying to realize
what is happening above and below water will catch fish no matter what price equipment you fish with.

Luga00
Brown Trout

Post by Luga00 »

Great recommendation thanks S.O.

I keep these four spring loaded cutters in my tackle wallet...

They're actually fondant cutters but work very well, cost around £1.80 for the four also from a well-known auction site.

Russ

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

That's a really good idea, I quite often see packets of them in the reduced section at Tesco, a packet or two will be coming home with me next time and like all the breads should freeze ok.

Stour Otter
Grayling

Post by Stour Otter »

Reedling wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:24 pm That's a really good idea, I quite often see packets of them in the reduced section at Tesco, a packet or two will be coming home with me next time and like all the breads should freeze ok.
I think that's how I purchased mine Reedling. I don't think they are "catching on" with the general public!

John

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Stour Otter wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:32 pm
Reedling wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:24 pm That's a really good idea, I quite often see packets of them in the reduced section at Tesco, a packet or two will be coming home with me next time and like all the breads should freeze ok.
I think that's how I purchased mine Reedling. I don't think they are "catching on" with the general public!

John
'Catching on'.. I like that :Hahaha:

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Thanks Stour Otter - very helpful.

I have a section of the Stour above Wimborne available to me.

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Excellent, thanks! The possibility's are endless, cheese, meat paste..... just off to ASDA :cheers:

Stour Otter
Grayling

Post by Stour Otter »

Paul D wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:00 pm Excellent, thanks! The possibility's are endless, cheese, meat paste..... just off to ASDA :cheers:
Paul, I tried using Dairylea Cheese Slices in the punches, but they kept getting stuck. Now I can insert a slice into the pocket, creating a little doughy cheesey sandwich for those winter chub. As you said Paul the possibilities are endless!

S.O.

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”