"The Diary of a Lucky Angler"

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

"The Diary of a Lucky Angler"

Post by AshbyCut »

Thanks to the generosity of My Fair Lady, who funded the purchase as a gift, during my visit to the Redditch Tackle Fair today I was able to conclude the acquisition of this really very special book.

Leather bound, and in it's presentation case, I'm proud to say I now have Issue Number 6 of a limited edition of 6 copies of this delightful book ... a real 'tour de force' from a Gentleman of the First Order ... and, naturally, it's signed by the author ... Robert "Bob" Brookes.

For those who don't know ... it's a detailed account of his angling exploits through the seasons 2014/5, 2015/6, and 2016/7 ... every page bestrewn with the most excellent colour photographs of his exploits, and of some of the characters that were fortunate enough to share them with him.

I'm grateful that I have been given the opportunity to become the custodian of this delightful collection of reminiscences ... it will be treasured.

Image Image
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

LuckyLuca
Barbel

Re: "The Diary of a Lucky Angler"

Post by LuckyLuca »

What a lovely thing, well done Mal.
Doesn't Robert Brookes sound posh! Good job we know him 😁
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

There are some amazing pieces of literature out there that I have never heard of. The TFF encyclopaedia of knowledge gets bigger and bigger and bigger every time I login.....
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

LuckyLuca wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 6:29 pm What a lovely thing, well done Mal.
Doesn't Robert Brookes sound posh! Good job we know him 😁
And he cannot even get his underpants on the right way round for goodness sake!! :Hahaha:

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

I am truly pleased that my book is now on your bookcase Mal. It very much a personal book of stories of my fishing exploits and those of friends with whom I have been blessed to spend some bank-time. I guess it that it could be considered the ultimate vanity project, yet it has been enjoyed by the few who have read it.

Because of the strict no publicity policy of my angling society it was never to be a commercial venture. I restricted the number to just 6 copies. That was one for me, my son and grandson Harrison. That meant that just 3 were available to friends of which I am proud to say that Mal is one. I have understandably retained No.1 and No.4 is still spare but I haven't made any effort to place it yet.

Note: I am nearly 12 months and 55 pages into my third book and I have some adventures planned so hope to have some epic tales to relate over the next 2 or 3 years.
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

I've been lucky enough to read this book and what a wonderful read it is.
Written by a a top angler and a top bloke!
Well done chaps :cheers:

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

Ditto.

I was lucky enough to read the first two diaries but didn’t manage the third due to circumstances beyond my control.

Excellent read and the pictures were brilliant :Hat: :Thumb: :Thumb: :Thumb:
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”