Hello from Doncaster

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Joshluke
Dace

Hello from Doncaster

Post by Joshluke »

Good afternoon everyone, I'm Josh and I'm 22. I've been fishing since 14 and have taught myself everything I know through the use of books, magazines, and the internet. I have tried anything and everything regarding methods, tactics, and venues to which I have finally found the type of fishing I enjoy - small river chubbing. I have always enjoyed using a 'pin (Rapidex) yet carbon has never felt/looked right to me. I enjoy nature, I love the solitude it brings, yet stood with modern tackle seems to burst the bubble for me. That's why traditional gear appeals so much to me. The methods i use are traditional - laying on, touch ledgering etc. so why not use the tackle. Like I said, I own a Rapidex, I have just picked up a Mitchell 300 from the car boot (£3!!). I just need a rod, I was thinking maybe Chapman 500? Either way, I have to save up so have plenty of time to decide but any recommendations would be great.

Tight lines!
Fishing is not just a sport, it's a way of life. It's an escape from reality, away from the hustle and bustle of daily life. It's just you, a river, and an old Willow tree hidden away from everything.

Black Prince
Crucian Carp

Re: Hello from Doncaster

Post by Black Prince »

Hello josh and a big :welcome: nice plaice this a chapma 500 is a very nice rod :fishing1: :welcome: again mike

Tom
Rudd

Post by Tom »

WELCOME!

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Welcome Josh. The Chapman 500 is a fine rod. I only started on this lark a few years ago and I can certainly say that this forum has plenty of friendly experienced hands who can offer suggestions for what you might look out for.
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Duebel
Rainbow Trout

Post by Duebel »

And I thought at 44 I was a youngster around here ... :Scared:

Welcome to the TFF, Josh!

I'm very sure, that you'll find a suitable rod in no time. I have never handled a Chapman 500, but my Sealey Strikerite (usually coupled with a Rapidex) is a very similar rod. You can't go wrong with either of both ...
Greetings from Bamberg
Martin

Paul_V
Bleak

Post by Paul_V »

welcome young man.

Joshluke
Dace

Post by Joshluke »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I've had my eyes set on getting a 500 for awhile now. I'm glad you all agree!
Fishing is not just a sport, it's a way of life. It's an escape from reality, away from the hustle and bustle of daily life. It's just you, a river, and an old Willow tree hidden away from everything.

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Welcome to this fine forum, I have no doubt you will enjoy the association with like minded anglers and benefit from the combined experience of so many dedicated traditionalists! The Chapman 500 is a fine rod and a very good choice as an all rounder. I have recently fitted mine with high bells rings to increase its versatility and recently landed a low double figure carp, which tested it somewhat, but never the less it brought it to the net with no ill effects.
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Welcome to the forum Josh.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

SkimmingTheCream
Chub

Post by SkimmingTheCream »

Welcome to the TFF Josh .
There are a few forum members in or near to S Yorks .

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”