Wonderful Jack Hargreaves 'Old Country' video

This forum belongs to Jack Hargreaves.
Snape
Bailiff

Wonderful Jack Hargreaves 'Old Country' video

Post by Snape »

I just stumbled across this wonderful fishing video on YouTube.
I recall watching Jack in this and Out of Town with fond memories.

“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Luga00
Brown Trout

Re: Wonderful Jack Hargreaves 'Old Country' video

Post by Luga00 »

What a superb find! A gem.
Thanks Nigel!
Russ

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Good old Jack, how can you not love him. :Thumb:

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

I will be checking this out as I've just finished reading Fishing for a Year by Jack Hargreaves by Medlar press it's down to earth and brilliant to read with drawings by Bernard Venerables .Reelmaker

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

ReelMaker wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:57 pm I will be checking this out as I've just finished reading Fishing for a Year by Jack Hargreaves by Medlar press it's down to earth and brilliant to read with drawings by Bernard Venerables .Reelmaker
The written word comes to life as one hears his voice when reading that book.. he means more to me than Venables in a lot of ways not that I prioritise. I have a couple of his signature rods that I treasure.. a city convert to country life he struck a good balanced presentation that few have even got close to. I genuinely think he had little or no ego and was as interested in the future as he was in the past..
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Aquaerial wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:02 am
ReelMaker wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:57 pm I will be checking this out as I've just finished reading Fishing for a Year by Jack Hargreaves by Medlar press it's down to earth and brilliant to read with drawings by Bernard Venerables .Reelmaker
The written word comes to life as one hears his voice when reading that book.. he means more to me than Venables in a lot of ways not that I prioritise. I have a couple of his signature rods that I treasure.. a city convert to country life he struck a good balanced presentation that few have even got close to. I genuinely think he had little or no ego and was as interested in the future as he was in the past..
Totally agree with your sentiments Sir, love to see your rods, never knew he had a range of rods, another one on my wish list .....

Tonkin Wand
Grayling

Post by Tonkin Wand »

I well remember Jack's TV programes the first in black and white C1960's. Alas most of the early ones were destroyed by T.V. policies. A good number have survived and are available, but not are shown. His life story makes for a good read and there is his devotees on line. Jack wrote one fishing book, made 3 L.P. records and there are two books on his life.Videos were available and advertised on Ebay . All well worth contemplation over . My regret is that I never meet him but did correspond once and received a post card reply that I treasure!!!! Tony

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

I never knew Jack had a range of rods as written about above, would love to know more and see pictures if anyone has one or two. Whenever Jack is talked of I am humming... Say what you will, the countryside is still, the.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GXhpqMvbvs

Old Man River
Eel

Post by Old Man River »

Lovely videos, take me back to quieter times when there seemed to be less noise and more green.

OMR
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

Return to “Jack Hargreaves”