Milwards Swimversa Thread Colour

The Milwards Rods forum.
Galician
Ruffe

Milwards Swimversa Thread Colour

Post by Galician »

I have a 12' Swimversa in a bit of a state requiring a good amount of TLC. The threads on it have lost all of their colour, but might be black and red Tiger Thread? Be grateful if any one can help on confirming colour and where I could possibly get the thread. Nearest I have found is the Prowrap Tiger Thread at GuidesnBlanks but they do not have a Black and Red. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Galician

Harry H
Tench

Re: Milwards Swimversa Thread Colour

Post by Harry H »

Galician wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:32 pm I have a 12' Swimversa in a bit of a state requiring a good amount of TLC. The threads on it have lost all of their colour, but might be black and red Tiger Thread? Be grateful if any one can help on confirming colour and where I could possibly get the thread. Nearest I have found is the Prowrap Tiger Thread at GuidesnBlanks but they do not have a Black and Red. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Galician
Elephant silk Red/Black Jasper :Hat:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

Some on evil bay at the moment if you have deep pockets, about £20 a reel
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Andrew Davis is currently restoring my Milwards Swimversa which indeed had a black and red thread which I think Andrew was going to have to source to undertake the restoration so it might be an idea to send him an e.mail.

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

I know AshbyCut obtained a large stock of green/black from the USA a while back. Also worth dropping him a line to enquire about the supplier

Harry H
Tench

Post by Harry H »

MGs wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:40 pm I know AshbyCut obtained a large stock of green/black from the USA a while back. Also worth dropping him a line to enquire about the supplier
http://www.belvoirdale.com/Silk_Thd.html
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

Harry H wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:54 pm
MGs wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:40 pm I know AshbyCut obtained a large stock of green/black from the USA a while back. Also worth dropping him a line to enquire about the supplier
That's the stuff. Looking at the price, by the time you add shipping, probably cheaper to buy the expensive Elephant brand stuff from the well known internet auction site. At least you know you can still get it

Harry H
Tench

Post by Harry H »

MGs wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:06 pm
Harry H wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:54 pm
That's the stuff. Looking at the price, by the time you add shipping, probably cheaper to buy the expensive Elephant brand stuff from the well known internet auction site. At least you know you can still get it
Did you get yours turn up yet?
Anthony Shepherdson

CWK
Perch

Post by CWK »

PershoreHarrier wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:15 pm Andrew Davis is currently restoring my Milwards Swimversa which indeed had a black and red thread which I think Andrew was going to have to source to undertake the restoration so it might be an idea to send him an e.mail.
Andrew restored a Swimversa for me in Red and Black " Jasper " silk thread . Looks absolutely fabulous and probably better than when it originally left Millwards factory . :Thumb:

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

Harry H wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:38 pm
Did you get yours turn up yet?
Not yet. Post out here in the wilds can be a bit unpredictable. Our only post yesterday was a 1st class letter posted on Monday :rant: 5 days, well done Royal Mail. I've stopped sending anything first class. Hopefully Monday

Return to “Milwards Cane Rods”