Butt guide for Milwards Swimversa.

The Milwards Rods forum.
Galician
Ruffe

Butt guide for Milwards Swimversa.

Post by Galician »

The saga of my purchase of a 12' Swimversa from Ebay continues. The seller forced the rod into a too small tube that completely wrecked the butt guide: I am now looking for a replacement and if any body can help it will be greatly appreciated. I've tried to attach a photo but unfortunaly have been unable to do so. The details of the guide are: High Bells unlined, 1 1/4" High, 1 7/8" Internal diameter. These measurements have been taken from an identical guide I have on an Aspindales Aero.
Many thanks
Galician
:surrender:

MGs
Pike

Re: Butt guide for Milwards Swimversa.

Post by MGs »

I don't think it is a standard high bells.
There are some good pictures here
viewtopic.php?t=1026

I hope the seller is going to refund part of the cost. It could be tricky and expensive to find the right replacement
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Old Man River
Eel

Post by Old Man River »

Hi Galician, the size of ring you give is huge ? Almost two inches internal diameter sureley not as the height is smaller than the width.
I have a few Hig Bells plain unlined butt rings, some quite "beefy,some less so, if you can put up a picture and re check the size I may be able to help.

If either ring in the pictures will do, pm me your address and its yours . :Hat:

OMR
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

Mick
Chub

Post by Mick »

Lovely gesture OMR.

Galician
Ruffe

Post by Galician »

OMR you are a gentlman. My original measurements were some what inflated, apologies.
Proper measurements are: 7/8's " Height, 7/8's" Internal diameter, 2 & 1/2" full width.
This is a wonderful gesture from you, thanks.
My Address: David Austin
6 Watermill Road
Horncastle
Lincs
LN9 5DR
Tel: 01507 522860
I've lived here now 13 years with the Bain running outside my front door, cracking Chub, but hardly fished it, if you fancy it?
David

Old Man River
Eel

Post by Old Man River »

I still dont understand your measurements David , how can a circular rod ring be 7/8 inch internal Diameter and 7/8 inch height , but 2-1/2 inches full width ? That would be an egg shape I think.

Do you mean the length of the ring feet end to end , because that is not really part of the ring specifications.

It would be easier to say.

Ring external width is ......

Ring height from Top, to base of leg where it sits on rod is, , as on below sketch, sorry its a bit fuzzy, but you can see what I mean I hope.

When I can see what size you need I will have a look in my bits and bobs for you . I have a sneaking suspicion that you are reffering to a Low Bells, and not a High Bells. if thats the case I only have the type that I have posted up earler, if one will do please let me know , let me know the dimensions anyway and I will check.

David.

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

As per my post above, I think the original rings should look like this

Old Man River
Eel

Post by Old Man River »

The ring you show is far more "elegant" than the ones I have MG"s, but if the op is happy with a far more basic ring,such as in my photo, then one is his for the asking.
I have never myself seen a butt ring such as you have on your pic. Very nice !

David.

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

Not my pic. Harvested from an old thread on the forum. I think these are the original rings but pretty rare. Pretty sure something of similar size would do the trick

Galician
Ruffe

Post by Galician »

Thanks for your help and interest, it's so frustrating when these sort of issues raise their head. I'm now pretty convinced I'm not going to find an original and have started to repair the original that came with the Rod. Its not going to be beautiful but its going to have to do!!!
Thanks again
Galician

Return to “Milwards Cane Rods”