Float boxes

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Slumption
Bleak

Float boxes

Post by Slumption »

Anyone care to share their designs or photos for wooden float boxes? I'm about to give it a go...

Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Float boxes

Post by Olly »

A float tube?

Evert van der Plas
Perch

Post by Evert van der Plas »

I made a few float tubes and boxes
Enjoy

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

I go with tubes. You can buy very large diameter cane at some larger garden centres. Cut below the node and you have an open ended tube. I use cork for the bungs. Cork sanding blocks should make a couple. Some catering supply outlets sell bungs which you could adapt
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Evert's workshop reminds me of Santa's Grotto .............. all I want for Christmas is ............

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Evert van der Plas wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:40 am I made a few float tubes and boxes
Enjoy
Evert that photo is magical - what workmanship in/on those tubes superb stuff indeed Sir.
Peter
:Hat:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

I have had 4 made for me and will soon be ordering another. 1 went as an Auction prize - 1 as raffle prize and have 2 for my personal use. One with chub & barbel and one of the "rod builder" in the middle photo above.

All beautifully made - and an interesting gift to a fellow angler - with personal inscriptions!

Evert van der Plas
Perch

Post by Evert van der Plas »

Olly wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:09 pm I have had 4 made for me and will soon be ordering another. 1 went as an Auction prize - 1 as raffle prize and have 2 for my personal use. One with chub & barbel and one of the "rod builder" in the middle photo above.

All beautifully made - and an interesting gift to a fellow angler - with personal inscriptions!
:Hat:

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

Evert van der Plas wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:40 am I made a few float tubes and boxes
Enjoy
Real works of art. It's clever how the images are applied to the bamboo. Well done!
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

Good morning friends,those tubes are brillant ,the lengths fellow members go to are very inspirational to others who are trying there hand in making tackle,well done.It all started me off with making reels years ago after seeing a centre pin made from the material of a piston from a diesel lorry.Reelmaker.

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”