Rod Bags

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Penninelad
Arctic Char

Rod Bags

Post by Penninelad »

I have a friend who has a large workwear business who would be prepared to knock up rod bags in top quality cotton drill in white(not a suitable colour in my opinion!) or brown.He has made me up a sample for me see to hold a two piece rod which has press studs and a rather garish red gingham tie!Because of the nature of his business he cannot knock up bags on an individual basis but could make a quantity of standard sized bags,say three section bags for a standard 11' or 12 float rod and a two section bag for 9' to 10' spinning type rods.They will not be expensive(Certainly no more than £10) as in the main he will be using remnants from the workwear clothing he makes.To try to establish if this project is a runner could you indicate if you would be interested in buying similar bags?
Mark Davies

Beresford
Sea Trout

Re: Rod Bags

Post by Beresford »

My honest response is a no, sorry.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

It's a good idea but I think a lot of the chaps (myself included) use Ellen Lawrence who produces first class bags, in a variety of colours and bespoke sizes, and I recall at a better price than that. (sorry!) :Scared:
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Penninelad
Arctic Char

Post by Penninelad »

I am having five bags made up in brown cotton twill in each of the suggested designs.They will cost £3 each which includes postage.Send me PM if you want one.
Mark Davies

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Penninelad wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:35 am I am having five bags made up in brown cotton twill in each of the suggested designs.They will cost £3 each which includes postage.Send me PM if you want one.
I will certainly take a couple of the 3 piece 12' bags to try them out, that sounds like ridiculously good value!
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

JW1
Grayling

Post by JW1 »

Looks interesting Mark, I need a couple of new bags, is there a minimum quantity on smaller bags?

JW

Penninelad
Arctic Char

Post by Penninelad »

Sorry JW1 all the bags are now reserved.
Mark Davies

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”