RIVER WALLINGTON

This forum belongs to the other rivers.
Aitch
Pike

Re: RIVER WALLINGTON

Post by Aitch »

ImageImageImage

Hope this gives some idea of how slender this rod is...
Anyone who has had a waggle will attest its a delight to handle.. it is mated to a 3.5" Allcock Popular in Full Wally mode
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

I've recently acquired the lucky strike seen in the photos and find that a near perfect rod for the wally 👍
going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

That's a little beauty, what's the length and the weight ,that's the style of rod that would suit my small river fishing.Reelmaker

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

The length is 8'3 and the weight is 8. 3/8 ounces

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

ReelMaker wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:49 pm That's a little beauty, what's the length and the weight ,that's the style of rod that would suit my small river fishing.Reelmaker
The rod is very slender and would probably be undergunned for bigger fish... say more than a pound or two... for smaller fish its spot on... you have to bear in mind it was a soft fly blank before Wal worked his magic on it

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

My gudgeon rod started life as a hardy palakona gold fly rod

Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

I'll be asking the clubs committee for a block booking for the next jolly sometime in April, once all the new membership is out of the way
going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

Really pleased you and Lily had such a great day , always plenty of smiles on the Wally .

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Wallyboy Rob wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:44 pm I'll be asking the clubs committee for a block booking for the next jolly sometime in April, once all the new membership is out of the way
Excellent... always a great day :Hat: :Thumb:

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

June the 16th still has special meaning for Fatty as it marks the new season on rivers. With this thought in mind Matron :Scared: was glad to see the back of her idiot spouse for a few hours, as according to the Beast, a Mole with a thought in his head is worthless to her. :Wink:

Soooo, armed with half a dozen pies, pre-made the day before, a trip to the Wally, after some naughty Gonks, was the obvious destination. A time was set to rendezvous with the ever moaning Ancient Mariner and his faithless Mutt for 1230 hrs at Spurlings Yard.

Fatty arrived in good order with time to scoff an innocent pie that caught his eye before the Sword of Damocles arrived in the form of a badly driven Renault with an old gimp at the wheel......yes the AM had arrived. Before he could get out of his decrepit vehicle accompanied by a variety of moans about the other drivers Fatty was off telling the old gimp to follow :Hat:

Parked up Fatty had unloaded his car, scoffed another pie, swilled some tea and was raring to go before the elder of the pair had stopped shouting about bad drivers, the economy, various politicians needing to be shot, Tae Kwon do lessons and an almost never ending diatribe against society in general......blimey it is only being miserable that keeps the Ancient Mariner happy! :surrender:

Got to the river in good order, sussed out likely swims, challenged by a bailiff to prove PDAS membership.....duly done with fishing finally under way; huzzah!!!

Fatty set up a seven foot five piece Allcock's travel rod ideal for this small river combo'ed with an Aerial Pop, 4lb Maxima, nice peacock waggler set with no shot down the line, to an 18 hook and two red maggots.....job done! :Thumb:

God only knows what the AM had on his line but it looked unwieldy but inspite of this he caught some fish so was relatively pleased; thank god!

Fatty caught three fiesty wild trout, small dace x 6, tiny chublets (lost count), a couple of decent perch, a few decent roach to nearly a pound and a half dozen of what he came for:

These represent the best of the bunch, with the second Gonk just shy of 7 inches. Happy days, with much scoffing, slurping and bad singing the result.

Even the AM was pleased with his efforts, so no sloping off early this time.

To celebrate a Grand Day by the river, a trip to the Red Lion in Southwick was arranged for some cider, steak pie and chips being the order of the day for Fatty......what a splendid end to a Glorious 16th.

As ever,....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Return to “Other Rivers”