J W Young Miniature Reels.... why?

The J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels forum.
Reedling
Catfish

Re: J W Young Miniature Reels.... why?

Post by Reedling »

Very nice indeed, thanks for putting the pictures back up. :Hat:

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Wallys-Cast wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:37 pm Post updated with original photos.

The J W Youngs Millennial collection of miniature reels are very well made despite their small size and do display nicely but most people get a shock at how small they really are. I know I did, I imagined them being half the size of a "real" reel or around 2 inch dia. The micropin is just over 1" diameter.

Below are a few photos of my set, No 102 of 200. It has been suggested only around 150 sets were actually sold so it would be interesting to hear what set numbers are out there.

Are there any other sets in TFF hands.

Regards
Wal.
Just seen No72 sell on Facebook .

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Ljm183 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:51 am
Wallys-Cast wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:37 pm Post updated with original photos.

The J W Youngs Millennial collection of miniature reels are very well made despite their small size and do display nicely but most people get a shock at how small they really are. I know I did, I imagined them being half the size of a "real" reel or around 2 inch dia. The micropin is just over 1" diameter.

Below are a few photos of my set, No 102 of 200. It has been suggested only around 150 sets were actually sold so it would be interesting to hear what set numbers are out there.

Are there any other sets in TFF hands.

Regards
Wal.
Just seen No72 sell on Facebook .
That's interesting Lee. My niece and her young friends sell none-fishing stuff via Facebook (they are unanimous in agreeing that the Bay is too much trouble to be with it), so I do keep an eye on it - not spotted any vintage fishing gear yet though!

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Ambidexman
Bleak

Post by Ambidexman »

It might be of interest of members to know that I have covered the JW Young Micro reel series in my new book on the reels of JW Young being published by Medlar Press later this year.
I have covered why they were made, when they were made, where they were launched, who sold them, some of the fish that were caught using them, the reel variations and many other interesting facts.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Ambidexman wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:11 am It might be of interest of members to know that I have covered the JW Young Micro reel series in my new book on the reels of JW Young being published by Medlar Press later this year.
I have covered why they were made, when they were made, where they were launched, who sold them, some of the fish that were caught using them, the reel variations and many other interesting facts.
Thanks for posting Rupe, looking forward to reading the new book.

Wal.

Ambidexman
Bleak

Post by Ambidexman »

Thanks Wal, I have included how many box sets were actually produced as well :Chuckle:

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

There is another set being offered for sale on Facebook at the OTT price of £1000

Return to “J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels”