VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE (SUN CREAM)

Listen to recordings of all things angling.
Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE (SUN CREAM)

Post by Bobthefloat »

I know Korda are normally about as far away as you can get from traditional angling ( with Chris Balls brilliant podcast being an exception) but I feel this is worth sharing on here.
It highlights the dangers of sun exposure in a very real way!
Something our own Bob Brooke’s has spoken very openly and honestly about not long ago.

Have a great summer chaps stay safe :Hat:

Last edited by Bobthefloat on Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bob Brookes
Zander

Re: VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE (SUN CREAM)

Post by Bob Brookes »

Just watched the first 10 minutes so far and it is very powerful stuff indeed and I shall definitely watch it all later. It resonates with me very much, both from the dangerous affects of the sun and also having lymph glands removed.
In September 1969, the summer of love, I went into hospital and had the lymph glands removed from my neck and I too had a drain fitted (RediVac?). This was not melanoma related but for suspected TB glands. The nurse that wheeled me down to theatre and was by my bedside when I came round was Glenda. I asked her out for a date and we have been together ever since, married for 50 years!
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Your best catch ever Bob :Wink:
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Jeremy Croxall wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:40 am Your best catch ever Bob :Wink:
Absolutely :Thumb: :cheers:

Gobio Gobio
Grayling

Post by Gobio Gobio »

I had a huge skin scare a couple of months ago. I mentioned some dark patches on my head to my GP, I then landed up getting called into Lister hospital the following day. I had five dark patches frozen off my head, it seems amusing at the time until the areas scabbed over then blistered, then it was painful. I suffered with sunstroke when I was younger and now it caught up with me. Im not a sun worshiper in any way so it came as quite a shock to learn it was quite serious, although not cancerous. Now I slap on factor 50 but my skin still burns.

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

It was my Barber who first pointed out the sun damage on the tops of my ears. Years of Roofing with no cream or protection. I've also had a Mole removed from my back a few years back which was changing colour thankfully it wasn't cancerous.
I've suffered with Sun stroke too many times in my early nieve 20's.
Hopefully there is no lasting damage. I now take sensible precautions as much as possible.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Thank you Terry for sharing the Korda film warning, it gives a really powerful message. I only really became aware of the dangers of exposure to the suns ray's when I started visiting Australia 15 years ago. They insist that children cannot play outside unless they apply high factor sun screen and wear a hat, otherwise no play! I ALWAYS wear a hat and factor 50 in Oz, but I also do it in this country when the sun is out. Because like many of us, I did not use sun screen when I was younger, I have skin damage. I have had several 'suspect' mole/spots removed over the last 10 years but thankfully they were not cancerous. I have told all of my family and friends to protect themselves, the threat is very real! :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Those of you who have fished with me have probably noticed the big Aussie cattleman's hat I wear always.
No, I'm not trying to look like Chris Yates ( I'm far to handsome already) but I too had cancer on the tops of my ears.

A baseball hat is great for fishing but it does nothing for your ears.

When I first went into the cancer clinic I already knew half the room as fellow anglers!

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Nobby wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:54 am Those of you who have fished with me have probably noticed the big Aussie cattleman's hat I wear always.
No, I'm not trying to look like Chris Yates ( I'm far to handsome already) but I too had cancer on the tops of my ears.

A baseball hat is great for fishing but it does nothing for your ears.

When I first went into the cancer clinic I already knew half the room as fellow anglers!
|As my old Dad used to say "If you are gonna have one, have a BIGGUN!" I am definitely protected with this particular hat! :Hahaha: Image
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Lea Dweller wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:16 pm Thank you Terry for sharing the Korda film warning, it gives a really powerful message. I only really became aware of the dangers of exposure to the suns ray's when I started visiting Australia 15 years ago. They insist that children cannot play outside unless they apply high factor sun screen and wear a hat, otherwise no play! I ALWAYS wear a hat and factor 50 in Oz, but I also do it in this country when the sun is out. Because like many of us, I did not use sun screen when I was younger, I have skin damage. I have had several 'suspect' mole/spots removed over the last 10 years but thankfully they were not cancerous. I have told all of my family and friends to protect themselves, the threat is very real! :Hat:
My younger brother lives in Australia (Taree) and has had 3 operations to remove cancerous growths from his skin... he got the message and covered up... now he never goes out without a hat and long sleeved shirts... I now cover up although I didn't as a youngster... who knows what damage you are storing up for later life...?
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Return to “Pod Casts and Radio Recordings Etc”