Vintage lures

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
BeardyRich
Minnow

Vintage lures

Post by BeardyRich »

I used to enjoy pike fishing and built up a good collection of plugs, spinners and lures of various types. One day, I want to mount them in a wall mounted display cabinet
I saw a Heddon River Runt plug for sale the other day for a ridiculously high price of £78 and I said to myself ‘I’ve got one of those down the shed”. Sure enough, I found it this morning and here it is, complete with box, paper catalogue and even the final inspection ticket from the manufacturer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Liphook
Barbel

Re: Vintage lures

Post by Liphook »

Classic lure BR! I've a box of salmon lures that belonged to my grandfather and there's a few well used River Runts in there. Nice to see the original box and paperwork :Thumb:

BeardyRich
Minnow

Post by BeardyRich »

Thanks for replying Liphook. It was Barrie Rickards who initially kindled my interest in piking and lure fishing.
My favourite plug is a South Bend Babe Oreno, purchased in the mid 1970s. It has a fabulous action and the teeth marks on it’s body attest to its effectiveness.
I’ll post some pics later.

BeardyRich
Minnow

Post by BeardyRich »

17337FE3-603B-40D1-94C0-C9451B968616.jpeg
Here is the Babe Oreno
8DB2D815-4296-4B49-832B-B72172416CEE.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Lovely lures indeed MrB :Hat:

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

I love the " indestructible finish" claim. Although 50 years on its almost true!

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Am I right in assuming the Babe Oreno a smaller version of the Bass Oreno Rich? Could you perhaps give me measurements or weight if possible?

BeardyRich
Minnow

Post by BeardyRich »

ImageHi Liphook,
I’m not sure of the Bass Oreno sizes. Here is the info below with the weight in grams.

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Thank you Rich :Hat: I've a box of lures that are all of that shape but in different sizes, I hope now to be able to better identify them

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”