The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 21st November 2021 - It's ON!

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Phil Arnott
Chub

Re: The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 21st November 2021 - It's ON!

Post by Phil Arnott »

It was very enjoyable and great to chat with old friends although I missed a few.

I'm going to have to stop going though - I keep spending money.

My latest acquisition. Fits perfectly on top of my new bookcase. Management wasn't impressed!

TraditionalAngling
Brown Trout

Re: The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 21st November 2021 - It's ON!

Post by TraditionalAngling »

Hi
John
Glad to meet you and that you are happy with the creel
Regards
Steve

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Thank you to the TFF member that gave myself, Fredline and several other table holders a bag of Pontefract Cakes each! I cannot remember your TFF name, but thank you very much, they are delicious! :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Lea Dweller wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:25 pm Thank you to the TFF member that gave myself, Fredline and several other table holders a bag of Pontefract Cakes each! I cannot remember your TFF name, but thank you very much, they are delicious! :Hat:
Wanderer I believe Ted.
:Hat:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Wanderer
Brown Trout

Post by Wanderer »

Re - Pontefract Cakes. The pleasure was mine, Gentlemen.
It was Good to speak to so many interesting and knowledgable people. Thank you all.

Had a wonderful day at Redditch.

All the best.
"Not all those who Wander are Lost !"

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Wanderer wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:03 pm Re - Pontefract Cakes. The pleasure was mine, Gentlemen.
It was Good to speak to so many interesting and knowledgable people. Thank you all.

Had a wonderful day at Redditch.

All the best.
It was good to meet you Wanderer and many thanks for the delicious Pontefract cakes. Mine had all gone by the time I got home 😋.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Sounds like I missed a great day, I'd have happily helped get through the Pontefract cakes :drool:

I am aiming to get there in May, I really miss the buzz of the day.

Old Man River
Eel

Post by Old Man River »

Pontefract cakes are poison . 🥴

However it was nice to catch up with Wanderer again, we last met at Ravenfield .
Thora was over the moon at your gift , she almost makes me wish I liked them .
Had it been fruit cake it would have been a different matter .

Till next time , :Hat:

I hope the train was on time 👍

David
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

StefanDuma
Grayling

Post by StefanDuma »

I had a wonderful day, great to meet so many people with such a similar outlook. I did not manage to buy anything or sell anything but I was given something more valuable, information and advise.

I did see a couple of stunning reels, was given some great tips on a photographic set up which I will be using in my next book. It will save me hours and hours thanks to Dave Watson.

Jeff Della Mura gave me some fantastic information on previewing publications.

I also spoke to many member and it was great to see so many members. Bob Brookes looking even more dapper than usual and setting the bar high. Next time I will have a new waistcoat to show Bob.

Barbelbonce
Rudd

Post by Barbelbonce »

Very good indeed to be able to meet many acquaintances, old and new. Especially after my having to miss Romsey - away on the annual Skate trip to Scotland.
Terrific range of great offerings - I bit the bullet and bought a copy of David Petty's "One Man, One Rod". An extravagance that I can spend the winter evenings enjoying.
Roll on '22.

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”