Springtime

The F. T. Williams Rods forum.
NiceRoach
Eel

Springtime

Post by NiceRoach »

Here’s the duo for this Spring and Summer at long last, hopefully an outing between now and the June opener.

An F.T. Williams Dorset Deluxe via the excellent TFF’r Jeremy Croxall paired with my trusty Garcia Mitchell Reel. I’ve accumulated a modest collection of 300’s and pre 300’s but can’t see past this 330 which members will recognise with the distinctive automatic bail arm and straight check. I’m confident they’ll handle a double, and all I have to do is catch one.

My 330 dates to 1967 it was a very good year, and after all we’ve been through its time to get on the bank in 2022

Regards

:tea:
niceroach

Liphook
Barbel

Re: Springtime

Post by Liphook »

What's going on the reel I wonder? 3 or 4lb Maxima/Sensor? Or Floatfish in similar perhaps?

NiceRoach
Eel

Re: Springtime

Post by NiceRoach »

Liphook wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:00 am What's going on the reel I wonder? 3 or 4lb Maxima/Sensor? Or Floatfish in similar perhaps?
Floatfish it is, in a waggler set up with a low double a dream fish. More likely a 5 6 or 7 lb being best on the day, The Dorset could easily handle bigger carp it’s a bit of a beast, so looking forward to it.

:fish:
niceroach

Return to “F. T. Williams Cane Rods”