Funtley fun and frolics.

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Moley
Brown Trout

Funtley fun and frolics.

Post by Moley »

Lurking by the back door, gazing hopefully at the darkening skies, a crack in the cloud revealed a light with a hand reaching down to Fatty. Was this a divine sign, was it?

Sadly not, just Matron :Scared: about to clout her beloved round the head for slacking in his chores. But upon explaining that the chores had been completed with even the Tree of Life Yoga/Buddhist representation of peace and spiritual growth (anyone else spot the irony?), sturdily screwed into the wall, all to Waffen Standards upon inspection by the Beast, the upshot was a temporary lull in hostilities and a late pass to go fishing.

It was 1300 hrs so Funtley being the nearest victim for Mole activities was the destination of choice.

Pies packed, tea in new Stanley, tackle at the ready....Fatty was on his way.

Ten minutes later sat in swim two. looking at the water, thoughts of where to present the bait, 6mm pellets, were interrupted by Jock the Bailiff, wanting a chat. He is a nice fella full of talk about fishing on his water with tales of good tench showing....good to hear.

Setting up two rods, Ted's Tench rod and an ABU Mark V. Ted's rod partnered with a Rapidex and pole float for close in combat, the Mark V with the Dam 110 and deep shallow Waggler.

Bait thrown in, Fatty had some bait of his own to dispose of, an alluring pork pie of such deliciousness it was a shame only two were available, three cuppas slurped and time to fish.

Some nice roach to about 10 oz stopped by, with a few shining Rudd on the pole float, close in. But nothing of a substantial nature until:

ImageImageImageImage

Wow, the biggest was just over seven but the others were not far off either.

Then the rain started soaking Fatty through, natures way of saying time to go home, so he did.

Matron :Scared: took one withering look at the dripping creature stood on newspaper, to prevent messing up the floor of course, whilst declaring the immortal line.....'Bath, Now!!!!'

Oh well, they say a true genius is not recognised in his own life time :Hahaha:

As ever,.....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: Funtley fun and frolics.

Post by Dave Burr »

Squire Mole, I have reported those shoes to the Fishing Fashion Police as they are designed for golfists and not for gentlemen of the angle. I do hope they belong to a reprobate admirer of your prowess and not you, as you would be facing serious sanctions for sure.

On the fishing side of things, a splendid catch of tench, well done.

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Dave Burr wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:43 am Squire Mole, I have reported those shoes to the Fishing Fashion Police as they are designed for golfists and not for gentlemen of the angle. I do hope they belong to a reprobate admirer of your prowess and not you, as you would be facing serious sanctions for sure.

On the fishing side of things, a splendid catch of tench, well done.
The shoes in question are the most comfortable ever, made by Vans, a well-known maker of footwear for Skateboarders.....so not only is Fatty comfortable, he is down with the kids too!

Sanctions be damned, young Dave, comfort is the most important factor and would recommend everyone of a certain age with aching 'plates' gets a pair.

So far as Fatty is aware he has no admirers, reprobate or not. He is aware that other bankside colleagues do exhibit signs of relief when he leaves the water being plundered....cheering and shouting unprintable exclamations usually regarding his parenthood and the colour of his gonads.

The yoot of today have no respect, they really don't.

They were nice tench and put Ted's rod through its paces. All good too.

As ever,......

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Wanderer
Arctic Char

Post by Wanderer »

Good luck with the new Stanley vacuum flask, Mr mole.
In my opinion, the new stuff ( like so many more things) isn't a patch on the old flasks.

All the best.
"Not all those who Wander are Lost !"

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Moley wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:08 am
Dave Burr wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:43 am

As ever,......

Moley
As a man with a new pair of Sketchers, I concur that aching feet need to be pampered, but, dear Mole, there are limits and I fear your chessboard loafers are way beyond it :snooty:

Maybe we should have a vote.

By the way, did you hit the top tench on the nose with a shovel? :Chuckle: Come along mate, we have standards at the TFF, please try to keep up. Pretty fish and manly shoes only. That's from the TFF rule book :Sun:

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Well done Mr Mole, again! You are definitely getting some great results, this time with some cracking Tench! Matron would be so proud! :Ok:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Nice tenching Moley :Hat:

I had a pair of those chequered Vans back in the day when I rode bmx, so nearly 40 years ago...I wonder does Mr Yeats now endorse them with his skater mates?

Back to the pies.....hmnnn :Sun:

Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

Well played Mr Mole, Jock is a good bloke and keeps Funtley in good fettle. There have been some very good Tench coming from Sinah, my pal Esox Sean had a pb of 8lb 2 the other day.
going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

Wally Roy
Roach

Post by Wally Roy »

Another very entertaining read Moley and some lovely Tench mean the choice of footwear can be forgiven

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Post by Grumpy »

A fine catch of Tincas Mr Mole.On the subject of footwear,take a look at these rascals.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”