Mooted, written but unpublished Fishing Books

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
DaceAce
Eel

Mooted, written but unpublished Fishing Books

Post by DaceAce »

In my dealings with various angling writers I have come across several fishing books that have never made it into print.

Gerry Swanton wrote 'Chalk Stream Roach' starting in 1980, encouraged by Gerry Hughes, nearing completion in 2000 but unpublished and presumably lost on his death.

Peter Wheat had three unpublished books, one on barbel (mooted in the 90s), one on crucians plus another.

Chris Yates was supposed to do a third book in a trilogy, the first was How to Fish, the second Out of the Blue, and the third unfinished one was about trout/game fishing - no idea what happened to that one.

The one that got away that I'd love to read was The Ashurst Legend by John Bailey about Kevin Ashurst which was published and withdrawn due to Angling Times sensationalising what happened to his son Keith.

Any others?

Deaf Cat
Grayling

Re: Mooted, written but unpublished Fishing Books

Post by Deaf Cat »

I look forward to the book of the Golden Scale Club which was almost ready 10 years ago.
Duffer - The man without skill of hand, without good eyesight and no longer young - the man who really ought to fish!
(H.M. Bateman / R.D. Peck)

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Red Spinners book due sometime!

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

I am just agonising about the Internet. Its allowed authors to get their thoughts published faster and more cheaply.

But nothing matches laying in the bath holding a proper book!

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”