It's not Efgeeco or Canvas but....

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Silfield
Brown Trout

It's not Efgeeco or Canvas but....

Post by Silfield »

As per the title, a modern take on the venerable Efgeeco canvas bucket.
I have had one, filled with water and hanging off the washing line for the last week to check seam strength and proofing and can report back that it does what it supposed to.
Made by NGT and with a price tag of around £7.00 it was worth a punt.
10" diameter, 8" tall and squishes flat when empty.
Will use it and report back if it springs a leak!
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

Danesman
Silver Bream

Re: It's not Efgeeco or Canvas but....

Post by Danesman »

A good choice I've used one of these buckets for about 5 years now, still going strong

BreadFlake
Perch

Post by BreadFlake »

Where did you purchase one of these? I could do with one as I usually go fishing on a push bike so it's a bugger to take an actual bucket

Silfield
Brown Trout

Post by Silfield »

I picked it up in a local tackle shop but they are available on the bay of plenty. Angling Direct have a more expensive Trakker version in stock at present.
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

I see one yesterday in my local tackle shop, they look hard wearing and would definitely do the Job.
I picked up a replacement for my old WW2 canvas bucket..I did post it on TFF some time ago... brown canvass and made well... around £15.
I have a fluorescent orage collapsible bucket on a string that I use for fishing in the harbour, not that traditional but a great piece of kit.
Fladdon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Mr B wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:14 pm I see one yesterday in my local tackle shop, they look hard wearing and would definitely do the Job.
I picked up a replacement for my old WW2 canvas bucket..I did post it on TFF some time ago... brown canvass and made well... around £15.
I have a fluorescent orage collapsible bucket on a string that I use for fishing in the harbour, not that traditional but a great piece of kit.
Fladdon.
I bought one of those as a baler for my boat, but sold the boat before using it. It has many uses though, like when you're crabbing :Wink:

NorfolkTinca
Dace

Post by NorfolkTinca »

NGT seems to be a brand of tackle that's a third the price of everything else, and at least twice as good. Their reel pouches are excellent.
My biggest fish is not necessarily my best

BreadFlake
Perch

Post by BreadFlake »

Cheers folks, one will be duly purchased

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”